Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Six months after Google first released the 2.2 or 'Froyo' version of its mobile operating system, HTC has made the update available to Australian owners of its flagship HTC Desire handset – through its website, if not directly over the air.
Telstra has promised customers the long-awaited Android 2.2 update (Froyo) would be introduced to its flagship HTC Desire handsets within the next four weeks.
Google has unveiled its latest feature for Android smartphones: Voice Actions.
Last week we reported that the specs of HTC's Desire HD smartphone, otherwise known as the HTC Ace, had allegedly been leaked.
When will the new 2.2 version (commonly called Froyo) of Google's Android operating system hit Australian handsets? We contacted carriers and handset manufacturers to find out. The answer, it turns out, depends on what mobile phone you have.
Google has released the source code to the new 2.2 version of Android ("Froyo") to its partners, and also revealed that 160,000 Android powered devices are activated daily.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD