Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Six months after Google first released the 2.2 or 'Froyo' version of its mobile operating system, HTC has made the update available to Australian owners of its flagship HTC Desire handset – through its website, if not directly over the air.
Telstra has promised customers the long-awaited Android 2.2 update (Froyo) would be introduced to its flagship HTC Desire handsets within the next four weeks.
Google has unveiled its latest feature for Android smartphones: Voice Actions.
Last week we reported that the specs of HTC's Desire HD smartphone, otherwise known as the HTC Ace, had allegedly been leaked.
When will the new 2.2 version (commonly called Froyo) of Google's Android operating system hit Australian handsets? We contacted carriers and handset manufacturers to find out. The answer, it turns out, depends on what mobile phone you have.
Google has released the source code to the new 2.2 version of Android ("Froyo") to its partners, and also revealed that 160,000 Android powered devices are activated daily.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 finally gets a release date
- Okta offers Touch ID-based multifactor authentication for iPhones
- Qualcomm brings big brains to mobile devices with deep-learning tool
- Craig Wright claims he is bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC