It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Fujitsu is launching its infrastructure-as-a-service offering in North America in a few months, and will start offering interested customers a free trial next week.
Tablet PCs will dominate the massive Computex trade show in Taipei next week, where top brands and obscure white-box makers will show new models of the popular devices, including some that run on Intel's new Oak Trail mobile processor.
This week's SAP Sapphire Now conference marked about a year since the company launched its HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing platform. Since then, SAP has done its best to keep HANA in the news, bringing products and part...
Japan's NTT DoCoMo plans to launch what it calls the world's smallest Windows 7 computer in the next two months.
Tablets based on Intel's first dedicated tablet processor may not be a monster hit among consumers like Apple's iPad, but they could find adoption in enterprises, analysts said this week.
Fujitsu is now taking orders for its Stylistic Q550 Slate PC tablet, one of the earlier tablets to use Oak Trail, Intel's first dedicated tablet processor.
Facebook, HP, Rackspace, Juniper, Fujitsu and dozens of other organizations have joined a group building a defensive patent portfolio to protect Linux-using members from potential lawsuits.
While Nintendo's 3DS gaming device has hogged the 3D limelight of late, Fujitsu quietly began shipping its 3D-capable Lifebook AH572. This laptop's claim to fame is the dual function 15.6-inch widescreen display for both 2D and 3D (with 3D glasses) v...
Two weeks have passed since a magnitude 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami rocked eastern Japan, and while a recovery among the country's technology manufacturers has begun, it could be several months before things start to normalize.
The specification for the next version of Java Enterprise Edition has been approved unanimously, <a href="http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=5162">according to a posting</a> on the Java Community Process website.
Technology companies across Asia have found ways to help people in Japan left devastated by the 9.0-magnitude earthquake last Friday, the 7-meter tsunami it spawned, and displacement caused by troubles at a nuclear power plant there.
If its proposed acquisition of Hitachi GST is successful, Western Digital will immediately gain status in the hard disk drive (HDD) enterprise market, where it has been striving to grow for the past couple of years.
Arm Holdings and Fujitsu Semiconductor have signed a broad agreement that will enable the Japanese firm develop its processors faster with some of Arm's most advanced technology.
Bernd Wagner, the managing director of Fujitsu's German subsidiary, has jumped to Software AG to become its chairman.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**QLD
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW