Fusion-io's new generation of ioMemory flash components can pack in twice as much capacity, and according to the company, they know how to use it.
Fusion-io is updating its ioTurbine caching software to help more types of enterprises integrate flash-based cache into virtualized computing environments.
Fusion-io President and CEO David Flynn has resigned and will be replaced by Shane Robison, the former CTO of Hewlett-Packard.
Fusion-io has taken the flash storage cards it's been making for its biggest customers and turned them into products that almost any company can buy.
Apple co-founder talks about growing smartphone market, reflects on Apple's past
Flash storage vendor Fusion-io has agreed to buy IO Turbine for up to $US95 million to extend its on-server cache products to virtualized environments.
In a bid to maximize the speed advantage of solid-state storage, more vendors are promoting approaches that move it closer to the CPUs that process stored data.
Flash storage company Fusion-io, which counts Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak as its chief scientist, has priced its initial public offering (IPO) at US$19 per share, valuing the company at about $1.5 billion.
Tablets are the culmination of what Steve Jobs wanted to create at Apple from the beginning, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak said Monday.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak shared memories about memory on Thursday at the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, California.
Fusion Multisystems Inc. today said it will offer a new solid state disk drive product for businesses that will have the performance of higher-end SLC NAND flash memory but with a cost closer to lower-end MLC memory.
A solid state drive device that promises to embed SAN performance on a single PCIe card, bringing faster data access times, lower power consumption and operating costs, and a considerably smaller physical footprint to network storage solutions, has b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD