Until now, Google's upcoming Android OS software Honeycomb has been reserved for just tablet devices. Also, other than a Nook Color, there have been quite minimal hacks to attempt to get the OS running on other platforms. One XDA Developer accepted t...
If there is something a university student can tell you, it's that there is nothing duller than a lecture theatre. However, the University of Groningen in the Netherlands has developed a very interactive way of engaging students in math or computer s...
One of Japan's largest glass manufacturers debuted on Thursday a new glass designed for smartphones and tablet PCs that is considerably tougher than conventional glass.
In an otherwise underwhelming keynote speech at this year's CES tradeshow, Microsoft made a play to control the biggest screen in the house.
If you're looking for a good movie to watch tonight while curled up in the sofa with your significant other, Arduino: The Documentary may...not be the right film for you. But if you're as crazy over hacks and DIY projects as we here at GeekTech are, ...
More than ever, people are taking their online and real-life privacy more seriously. Swedish inventor Niklas Roy also felt that his privacy was being invaded on a more basic level--by passers-by looking in through his large workshop window. Most migh...
CES 2011 saw the announcement of lots of Android tablets, gobs of 3D HDTVs, cameras galore, and smartphones coming out the wazoo. All that stuff is great, but that's not really what GeekTech is all about. No. We want the Geek. We want the weird tech,...
If you were like every other geek child out there, you too may have wished to be beamed to the starship Enterprise in geosynchronous orbit directly above your house. Then you'd want to take the elevator to the bridge and walk through those automatic...
According to a report on the Wall Street Journal website, Sony Ericsson CEO Bert Nordberg has hinted that that the mobile-phone maker might be working with Sony to build a smartphone with a slide-out controller to play games.
What is the coolest thing for a Linux fan to carry in their pocket? Why, the new Linux Tux credit card! The Linux Foundation teamed up with UMB Bank and CardPartner Inc. to create the Linux-branded Visa card. It's pretty much your typical credit card...
Markets for advanced charging technologies (including solar-powered handsets, solar chargers, wireless power units, fuel-cell battery charging products and public charging kiosks), worth about $1.5 billion in 2010, are forecast to grow at a robust Co...
If you're a homeowner and have done any sort of do-it-yourself home projects, chances are you've had to get into the crawlspace beneath your home on some occasion. It's a dirty job, sure, but somebody's got to do it. However, a robot out of Japan can...
Ahhhh Halloween. When you were a kid it was a time to eat too much candy and dress up as a ghost, but now that you're a mature GeekTech-reading adult, Halloween's a time for geeky cultural references and overly elaborate Halloween costumes like this ...
Wrist-mounted displays have long been the stuff of legend in science fiction. Whether it’s the Pip-Boy 3000 from Fallout 3 or Dick Tracy’s multifunction watch, the idea of having information within arms’ reach is very appealing. Thanks to new techn...
As reported at physorg.com, University of California, Riverside physicists have made breakthroughs in developing graphene-based “spin computers”. A spin computer would allow for huge storage capacity using a fraction of the power consumption of curre...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of US$2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW