With the start of the U.S. professional football season around the corner, Microsoft unveiled the new tech it's going to be providing coaches and fans this season as part of its ongoing partnership with the National Football League.
These are exciting times to be a gamer in China, according to 19-year-old Dai Qi, a soon-to-be college student.
Nintendo is shutting down its video service for the Wii U console less than three years after it began, but few users are lamenting its demise.
After China lifted its ban on video game consoles, both Microsoft and Sony moved fast to launch their products in the country. But at least for this year, the sales will be lackluster, according to a research firm.
Microsoft is allowing select users to start streaming games from their Xbox One console to PCs running Windows 10, a feature that will be available later this year to all users.
There's a new user interface coming to the Xbox One that's supposed to make navigating the console faster and easier for users.
Xbox One sales in April gave Microsoft a glimmer of hope in the console market, but the PlayStation 4 retook the top position in the U.S. last month, according to Sony.
When Sony's PlayStation 4 finally enters mainland China this month, it will bring a major global console fight to a country that hasn't seen one in a long time.
Microsoft is opening up app development for the Xbox One with the launch of a kit that will be available to all developers, bringing the console closer to the Windows 10 space.
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
Sony will offer partial refunds to customers to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that its ads in 2011 and 2012 for the PlayStation Vita console's cross-platform sharing and other features were deceiving.
Microsoft has pushed back the launch date of the Xbox One in mainland China, saying it needs more time to polish the system before it goes for sale.
China has approved the sale of 5 million Xbox One units, opening the way for Microsoft to make a big splash in the country's emerging console sector.
Microsoft's Xbox One is poised to be the first foreign game console to debut in China, but as the local pricing was announced on Wednesday -- $200 more than in the U.S. -- would-be customers made their displeasure known online.
Sales of Xbox One gaming consoles more than doubled in the U.S. last month because of the introduction of a cheaper version of the console that doesn't include the Kinect motion sensor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
- CSIRO’s Data61 and Treasury join forces to examine the blockchain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW