Sony is preparing to sell its PlayStation in China, joining Microsoft to compete in the country's fledgling gaming console market.
Android console maker Ouya is considering entering the Chinese market as part of its expansion into Asia.
Microsoft is bringing its Xbox One to China this September after the nation recently ended a ban on foreign-made video game consoles.
Mark Pincus, who founded Zynga in 2007 and gave up his CEO title less than a year ago, is now giving up all his operational duties at the company.
Sales of Sony's PlayStation 4 platform have surpassed 7 million units worldwide but supply problems are continuing, the electronics giant said.
More low-end Android gaming consoles are coming to China. But Microsoft's local partner isn't worried, and expects the Xbox to sell well as a high-end gaming product.
A 5-year-old San Diego boy has been commended by Microsoft for his security skills after finding a vulnerability in the company's Xbox games console.
More then 5.3 million PlayStation 4 consoles have been sold worldwide as of Feb. 8, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) said Tuesday, solidifying its lead over Microsoft's Xbox One.
Nintendo won't be abandoning hardware or licensing its game titles for use on smartphones, its President Satoru Iwata told analysts in Tokyo.
Chinese electronics maker TCL is planning its own game console for China, joining the growing throng of tech companies wanting to enter the nation's emerging video games market.
Yahoo has acquired Cloud Party, a gaming company specializing in virtual worlds, in another deal to give the search giant more engineering chops.
Nintendo has cut its earnings forecast for the year to the end of March to a net loss, citing disappointing holiday sales of its Wii U and 3DS game devices.
China's Huawei Technologies is planning on launching its Android gaming console in its home market during this year's second quarter, just after local authorities lifted a ban on video game sales in the country.
Microsoft says the launch of the Xbox One on Friday has been the most successful yet for its Xbox gaming console family.
Sony said sales of its PlayStation 4 game consoles crossed 1 million units just 24 hours after the device was launched in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, although some users reported some issues with the device.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW