Nvidia's Project Shield handheld gaming device, now called simply Shield, will be available for pre-order on May 20 priced at US$349, though it won't ship to customers until the end of June.
By modifying a Microsoft Kinect sensor, a research project at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference demonstrated how gamers in a wheelchair could interact with motion games.
The IllumiRoom project from Microsoft Research turns a living room into a video game with projected images that extend and complement the main television screen. The realistic effect, if commercialized, could propel Microsoft's gaming business far be...
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Instead of charging directly at the player in the craggy martian landscape, as they might do normally, the aliens zigzag to take cover behind boulders and outcrops of rock, adjusting their approach as the hero opts for a less conspicuous route to his...
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Artificial intelligence, a field of programming employed by video game developers to make characters smarter and improve their decisions, still has a ways to go before it actually yields intelligent characters.
Zynga's network of users has historically been tightly linked to Facebook's social graph, but now the gaming giant is looking to branch out.
Gamers on the new PlayStation 4 will have a lot to keep track of.
After a seven-year wait, Sony's PlayStation 4 has finally been announced.
Sony will hold a PlayStation event in the U.S. later this month amid widespread speculation it is gearing up to launch the PS4.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
Microsoft has acquired id8 Group R2 Studios to boost its Xbox team, in a deal that unnamed sources leaked to some media outlets last week.
Sony's PlayStation 3 game console passed Microsoft's Xbox 360 in total sales in December, according to a report from research firm IDC.
Sales of Nintendo's new Wii U game console appear to be lagging those of its famous predecessor in Japan after its opening weekend, though the company says both sold out and comparisons are largely meaningless.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- US Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC