Nvidia's Project Shield handheld gaming device, now called simply Shield, will be available for pre-order on May 20 priced at US$349, though it won't ship to customers until the end of June.
By modifying a Microsoft Kinect sensor, a research project at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference demonstrated how gamers in a wheelchair could interact with motion games.
The IllumiRoom project from Microsoft Research turns a living room into a video game with projected images that extend and complement the main television screen. The realistic effect, if commercialized, could propel Microsoft's gaming business far be...
Nintendo's President said a lack of compelling titles for the Wii U is hurting sales, and promised to improve the console's lineup this year.
Instead of charging directly at the player in the craggy martian landscape, as they might do normally, the aliens zigzag to take cover behind boulders and outcrops of rock, adjusting their approach as the hero opts for a less conspicuous route to his...
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Artificial intelligence, a field of programming employed by video game developers to make characters smarter and improve their decisions, still has a ways to go before it actually yields intelligent characters.
Zynga's network of users has historically been tightly linked to Facebook's social graph, but now the gaming giant is looking to branch out.
Gamers on the new PlayStation 4 will have a lot to keep track of.
After a seven-year wait, Sony's PlayStation 4 has finally been announced.
Sony will hold a PlayStation event in the U.S. later this month amid widespread speculation it is gearing up to launch the PS4.
Japanese gamemaker Nintendo will combine its hardware teams for portable and home-based consoles, the first major change in its development structure in nearly a decade.
Microsoft has acquired id8 Group R2 Studios to boost its Xbox team, in a deal that unnamed sources leaked to some media outlets last week.
Sony's PlayStation 3 game console passed Microsoft's Xbox 360 in total sales in December, according to a report from research firm IDC.
Sales of Nintendo's new Wii U game console appear to be lagging those of its famous predecessor in Japan after its opening weekend, though the company says both sold out and comparisons are largely meaningless.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- FTHealth Electronic Claiming Systems BA - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW