A new SkyDrive app for Microsoft's Xbox 360 allows users to upload content to Microsoft's cloud storage service from PCs and mobile devices, and then view it on the game console.
The original concept for Nintendo's new Wii U game controller?
Sony sold over 160,000 PlayStation Vitas during the opening week of the holiday shopping season in the U.S., a key test for its flagship handheld game.
Amazon.com has released its paid streaming video service on Nintendo's new Wii U console, with a host of titles free to users who subscribe to its Amazon Prime service.
Sony has released the first public version of software to create games for PlayStation Mobile, its gaming platform for third-party phones and tablets.
The console and the handheld GamePad in Nintendo's hot-selling Wii U form a special bond, thanks to proprietary smarts that Nintendo and Broadcom developed to drive high Wi-Fi performance.
Nintendo apologized to early buyers of the Wii U for outages on its new online gaming platform, but said sales of its new flagship game console were strong during its global launch Sunday in the U.S.
Nintendo's new game console the Wii U will go on sale in the U.S. Sunday as the company attempts to regain ground from Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's Playstation 3.
Sony said Friday it sold its 70 millionth PlayStation 3 console earlier this month, a major milestone for the game console that failed to match the popularity of its predecessor but survived a rocky history to become a hit product for the company.
Nintendo said Thursday pre-order sales of its new Wii U console are strong and the game is likely to have shortages this holiday season after its launch.
Zynga is cutting about 5 percent of its workforce, and is "sunsetting" 13 of its older games, the company's founder and CEO Mark Pincus said Tuesday in a note to employees.
Microsoft will build a Kinect device specifically for use with PCs, as the company prepares to launch a program to support commercial products developed for Kinect and Windows.
Linus Torvalds released Linux 3.1 Monday and the new feature list is long and wide. Linux 3.1 includes a new iSCSI implementation and support for OpenRISC, Near-Field Communication chips, and -- get this -- Wii controllers.
A Lenovo-backed video game system, the iSec, will launch in China early next year and cost just over 3000 yuan ($470), according to a spokesman with the company making the product.
South African police have arrested a 28-year-old Johannesburg man accused of selling jailbroken Sony PlayStation 3 machines and pirated game software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Digital vision must be led from the top-down
- Toyota, Volkswagen partner ride-hailing companies
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC