Games developers using Unity Technologies' cross-platform tools can now access a translation plug-in in beta that could expand their products' geographical reach.
Renown computer game developer John Carmack has joined Oculus VR, a startup developing a virtual reality gaming headset called the Oculus Rift.
A series of blunders by Microsoft has paved the way for Sony's PlayStation 4 console to capture the top spot in year-end holiday sales.
Sony's PlayStation 4 will go on sale the U.S. and Europe in time for the year-end holiday season and cost US$399, the company announced Monday at its E3 press briefing in Los Angeles.
Microsoft has announced that Xbox One will go on sale in 21 markets this November for $US499.
Security researchers found serious vulnerabilities in the engines of several popular first-person shooter video games that could allow attackers to compromise their online servers and the computers of players accessing them.
By modifying a Microsoft Kinect sensor, a research project at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference demonstrated how gamers in a wheelchair could interact with motion games.
A research project on show at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Paris uses a small electrical current to give the sensation of force feedback while gaming.
The IllumiRoom project from Microsoft Research turns a living room into a video game with projected images that extend and complement the main television screen. The realistic effect, if commercialized, could propel Microsoft's gaming business far be...
Gaming research and prototypes have created a lot of buzz at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Paris this week.
Walt Disney has shut down in-house development at LucasArts, the gaming arm of Lucasfilm, less than a year after buying its parent company.
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Artificial intelligence, a field of programming employed by video game developers to make characters smarter and improve their decisions, still has a ways to go before it actually yields intelligent characters.
Sony has formed a partnership with software firm Unity to make it easier for developers to create and port titles for PlayStation consoles, including the upcoming PS4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW