Itch.io has made a name for itself among indie game developers. Now it just needs to resonate with consumers.
Here are some child friendly choices. And less child-friendly choices.
Hands on with the front-runner for Game of the Year
Back in 2006 there was a well-received first person shooter set on a space station called The Sphere. This is not that game.
Tokyo is home to many fascinating temples and shrines however if you want to visit a shrine with a difference head on over to Akihabara’s Kando Myojin Shrine. Not only is it one of the Shinto religion’s most important temples - and stunningly beautif...
Many gamers will be no stranger to the name Larry Hryb, better known as Major Nelson.
PAX - The Penny Arcade Expo - is back in Melbourne and it's huge. While still a gamer's festival there is also the promise of all kinds of new technology on show this year. Many industry people from Asia and America have flown in to show off the late...
Is vidya a big part of your life? Was your first console the Atari 2600? If you’re too young to remember that, here’s a quick history lesson…
Think of famous battles in modern history and World War One has more than its fair share. Europeans will likely first think of the bloody Somme campaign. But for Australians and New Zealanders, it’s all about Gallipoli – also known as the Dardanelles...
Civilization VI launches today. We caught up with Sid Meier to discuss the iconic Civilization series' 25 year legacy.
Pokémon GO has been a huge phenomenon in the three weeks since its release, with gamers all over the world reliving their childhood through the augmented reality (AR) game. You only have to look at what people are saying on social media and in the ne...
IDG is a large global publishing house with many titles that cover consumer tech, business and marketing publications. Over the past few weeks there have been many articles published regarding Pokémon GO including the game itself and the effect on so...
Pokemon Go is causing genuine, positive social change - especially for people with mental illness. It's also likely to change technology for the better and provide businesses with new revenue sources and innovation. Here are ten things we've noticed...
Keep this freemium hit fully free by following these handy everyday tips.
If you’ve not seen it, the new Pokemon Go mobile game lets you walk around town interacting with local landmarks via your phone’s screen. You’ll likely find plaques, artworks and other local facts about where you live and work that you never knew exi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSpatial technical officerACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW