According to anonymous sources who spoke with Kotaku earlier today, the next Xbox and PlayStation consoles shouldn't be expected until 2014. One insider believes that "both MS and Sony are telegraphing to each other that they're delaying, to milk the...
The fleeting hour I was able to devote to Portal 2 last night, dashing through the remainder of its suddenly capacious middle chapters, proved a little better than the dull, shallow preliminary five.
Developer Egosoft has announced a new entry in the successful X franchise. Will it be enough to revitalize interest in the flagging space sim genre?
It's the end of a very short era as Sony's abortive experiment in a digital distribution-only platform quietly dies.
Ever wondered what would happen if you crossed a Kinect with a hack of a cult classic game? An even more addictive, albeit basic, 3D game of Tetris, complete with Wiimote to move blocks around.
Cisco's recent announcement that it was closing its Flip mini-camcorder business got us thinking. It's pretty clear that today's smartphones, with their excellent HD video cameras, are partly to blame for the Flip's demise. But how many other consume...
Almost five years after the Nintendo Wii launched, broke sales records, and revolutionized gaming with the introduction of motion-sensitive controllers, the console is slated to get a successor by E3 in June 2011.
If you're waiting for Microsoft's official do-it-yourself motion-sensing PC kit, you won't have to wait much longer. Microsoft says the Kinect for Windows software development kit (beta) will ship this spring, and they've put up a research page to pr...
There are now hundreds of Microsoft Kinect hacks in the hacking community right now. When you have hacks such as the Super Saiyan impersonator and the robot controller too, it didn't take too long for someone to figure out how to control a rocket lau...
The Razer Switchblade, a small portable PC with a keyboard that can be customized for gaming, will first be released in China and feature games developed by one of the country's' largest Internet companies, Tencent.
Infamous hacker group Anonymous launched Operation Sony recently, citing Sony's legal action against PS3 jailbreaker George "GeoHot" Hotz as an abuse of the judicial system and an attempt to censor information which should be in the public domain. An...
Onward Angry Birds Rio, the exotic new adventures of a bunch of irate avians that just flew past 10 million downloads. If they had legs, they'd probably be dancing on the sand.
The numbers are humbling: Three studios (of five) terminated, 205 jobs simply gone. That's the damage -- substantial by any measure -- at Sony Online Entertainment, Sony's flagship online games development brand.
The Apple iPad 2 improves on the original iPad with more processing and graphics power, and some nifty features like a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer. The best way to show off these new features is by playing a bunch of fun games — we've ...
The PC building/exploring/whatevering phenomenon Minecraft has updated to Beta version 1.4 today, bringing with it at least seven new features and tweaks. As previously teased by the developer, version 1.4 adds a new animal to the game: wolves, which...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
- Malware from Mirai DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- Hands-on: The MacBook Pro's innovative Touch Bar will grab you
- Apple puts toe in touch waters with MacBook Pro remake
- Microsoft's offering $650 for Apple MacBooks, to put toward a Surface device
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTSystems ArchitectACT
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW