A government-funded research institute in Taiwan have kicked off a three-year effort to develop cheaper, longer-lasting LED backlights in mobile phones, notebook PCs and television sets, a project manager said on Friday.
Sales of 3D television sets and handheld devices will surge this year after a weak start in 2010 as manufacturers step up production and marketing, an analyst said on Thursday.
Sony Ericsson is doing its best to attract developers who can create games tailor-made for its upcoming Xperia Play smartphone, working with third-party tool makers to simplify the development process.
An enterprising group of coders has ported a version of DOOM to a Texas Instruments graphics calculator. The nDOOM port runs, albeit with occasional crashes, in greyscale on the TI-Nspire series of calculators.
It looks like Nintendo's 3DS isn't having trouble finding buyers in Japan. According to Japanese newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun (via Andriasang) gamers essentially exhausted Nintendo's initial shipment of 400,000 units. The 3DS launched in Japan Satu...
Sony is pretty annoyed with those hooligans hacking its beloved PlayStation 3. So annoyed, in fact, that they've involved law enforcement: On February 23, PS3 and Linux hacker graf_chokolo said the local police and a Sony representative raided his ho...
Nintendo's bid to put glasses-free 3D into the anxious hands of the masses just got underway in Japan. The company's 3DS -- sequel to the DS and DSi, and employing a new 3.53-inch widescreen that uses parallax barrier tech to create the illusion of t...
Angry Birds has taken the world by storm. Initially launched on the iPhone, the game, which involves catapulting the titular avians at structures protecting their porcine enemies, has spread to Android, Symbian, Windows and other platforms.
Windows Phone 7 users looks set to be able to enjoy Angry Birds on their handsets after the game's developer Rovio confirmed it was planning a version for Microsoft's mobile platform
Over a dozen companies banded together with an online job service in Taipei over the weekend to seek people for the island's computer and online game industries. Some of the jobs even pay gamers to play full-time.
What would you call a Blizzard job listing for 'Senior Producer, Console,' on Diablo III? Waffling? Uncertain? Iffy? How about "pretty much a shoe-in"?
Take Android, Honeycomb, a 9.4-inch slate, and Sony's PlayStation brand, and what do you get? Why a Playstation Certified gaming tablet, what else!
While enjoyable to play for many, the runaway success of the online games from Zynga can largely be attributed to how they bring together acquaintances who otherwise wouldn't have much to say to one another, the company's chief game designer said on ...
Gamers with vast PlayStation Network software libraries won't catch a break if they opt to pick up Sony Ericsson's forthcoming Xperia Play when it ships in March. While the slide-bottom Android Phone plays PlayStation Suite-compatible games as well a...
Sony popped the lid on the industry's worst kept secret this afternoon, trotting out its Xperia Play Android phone at Mobile World Congress 2011 in Barcelona, Spain. You probably know all there is to say about the device at this point, except for one...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC