An annual show in Taipei this year will roll out games geared toward the fast-growing and potentially lucrative China online market, event organizers said on Wednesday.
At a launch event in Sydney last night, Nintendo announced the Australian pricing and release date for its 3DS handheld gaming console. The glasses-free 3D console will cost $349.95 and will be available in stores nationwide on March 31.
Smartphone maker HTC has acquired multimedia delivery specialist Saffron Digital and plans to pay US$40 million for a stake in online gaming company OnLive.
Final Fantasy II was my first Final Fantasy. Back in 1991 when it was on the Super Nintendo and still called Final Fantasy II, anyway. Today it's Final Fantasy IV, because it was actually fourth in Japan. And for its 20th birthday bash, it's getting ...
Dan Nixon and Don Jones recently shot a video for the band Echo Lake, featuring its song Young Silence. The video itself is pretty cool, and seems to fit the song's almost dream-like sound well. But the most impressive part? It was filmed using a Mic...
Take cover -- a few well-known, dive-bombing birds will soon invade your local movie theater.
The major refresh of the PlayStation Portable unveiled on Thursday is the result of a two-year effort to rethink the basic gaming platform, according to Kaz Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment.
Sony will launch the much anticipated successor to its PlayStation Portable later this year, the company said Thursday.
Sony's PlayStation Portable and Nintendo's DS have both been challenged in the handheld gaming market by the increasing popularity of smartphones, particularly the iPhone (as well as the other iOS devices: the iPad and the iPod Touch).
Sick of stories about video games making you fatter, slower, dumber, and angrier? Here's one that leans in the other direction, suggesting video games are in fact not driving up childhood obesity rates.
Project Gotham Racing developer Bizarre Creations looks to be closing after publisher Activision failed to find a buyer for the studio. Bummer.
In an otherwise underwhelming keynote speech at this year's CES tradeshow, Microsoft made a play to control the biggest screen in the house.
As expected, Call of Duty: Black Ops continued its sales dominance during the final month of sales in 2010. Read on to see how other Black Friday blockbusters fared against December's new releases and the rest of 2010's top games in the December year...
If what goes up must come down, then what goes down occasionally bounces.
Developers Wicked Witch Software, Brawsome, Play-Bit Entertainment, Big Ant Studios and Ivan Dickson and Greg Sharp will benefit from $330,000 in funding as part of the Film Victoria's Games Investment program
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC