Gigabyte Technology on Thursday released a series of high-speed motherboards designed to let more applications run at once, without losing speed, and to convert video 10 times faster than normal.
I'm betting most of you don't know Kinect's 3D sensing technology isn't owned by Microsoft. The company that does resides in Israel, and they're called PrimeSense. They've been around since 2005, and describe themselves as "a fabless semiconductor co...
Here's my obligatory list of 2010's top 10 video games, in no particular order. Yours would no doubt look different. That's the point of lists, after all: To throw our favorites out there, then stand around comparing and critiquing.
Microsoft's Xbox 360 is the most used console among users aged 13 or older, according to a new survey from media tracker Nielsen. "Most used", meaning everything from playing games to watching movies or catching some tunes to surfing the internet.
We were wrong -- so far -- that Carol Bartz would be ousted as Yahoo CEO by the end of this year, but we were right that Apple's tablet, whose name wasn't known at the end of last year, would be huge. OK, so that second one was probably a given, but ...
Lara Croft's latest adventure, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, releases to iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad today.
A gorgeous sketch, some message board conjecture, a slow news day here, and presto, wild speculation time!
The third expansion for Blizzard Entertainment's popular fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game surpasses first-day sales figures of the previous expansion pack, Wrath of the Lich King.
Australian gamers will have to hold their breath until January, because a decision on introducing an R18+ classification for video games has been delayed until next year.
It looks like the rest of the entertainment industry has finally accepted that video games are real entertainment.
An interview with financial news source Bloomberg sheds light on just how dire EA's situation is following a rash of acquisitions. Here are the top three quotes from EA CEO John Riccitiello to Bloomberg.
2K has released a new map pack for Civ V that allows players to play maps in different parts of Earth.
Doubtless timed to show up Microsoft's announcement of 2.5 million Kinect units sold, Sony says its PlayStation Move can now lay claim to 4.1 million units sold worldwide during its initial two months on sale.
Kinect seems to be off to a rousing start, more than doubling first month sales of Apple's iPad, though on par with Sony's initial 30 day estimates of PlayStation Move units moved.
Just under a year after it went on sale, Nintendo's "New Super Mario Bros. Wii" has become the first Wii software title to sell 4 million copies in Japan, a market data provider said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Box revises platform pricing to ease developer adoption
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- IBM applies AI to factory QA
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT