In the four years since Sony's PlayStation 3 has been with us, it's never been hacked to play pirated games--until now, that is, if claims by hacker group PSJailbreak prove true.
Earlier today, Japan's Intellectual Property High Court ruled against the Sony Corporation in a lawsuit, ordering the company to pay former employee Hidehiro Kume 5.1 million yen in unpaid earnings.
A YouTube user whose video has since been pulled managed to get footage of Rock Band 3's track list. Take a look at the list fan site RockBandAide managed to compile before the video got yanked and tell us if you see any surprises:
The gossip blogs had a field day a few weeks ago, homing in on a patent filing unearthed by GoRumors that implied Microsoft's Kinect motion-control camera for the Xbox 360 might recognize sign language.
Not to be outdone by Microsoft's updated Xbox 360, Sony introduced two new PS3 models at today's Gamescom presser, including one bundled with the company's forthcoming 'Move' motion control peripheral, and packing a whopping 320GB hard drive.
Sony unveiled a few unannounced games this year at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany, and showcased some of their upcoming titles like Killzone 3 and Motorstorm: Apocalypse in full stereoscopic 3D.
The Australian Labor Party has announced classification of mobile phone games could be introduced soon.
Microsoft unveiled the first wave of games for the Windows 7 smartphone operating system on Tuesday at the GamesCom 2010 conference in Cologne, Germany.
"That which you seek. Inside, you will find." LucasArts brings Yoda into the Force Unleashed 2 storyline, as previously hinted at by Haden Blackman in our exclusive cover story earlier this year.
As per tradition, Microsoft is celebrating the launch of a new iteration of one of its biggest Xbox franchises by introducing a limited edition controller. Unlike some we've seen for other titles, however, this one actually looks cool.
Apple may take on a new role in video gaming if its latest patent application, published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office earlier this week, ever makes it into a product. The patent is for a system that would document your roles in certain vid...
Following its E3 2010 announcement, the curtain has finally been pulled back on the latest installation in Activision's long-running Tony Hawk series of skateboarding sims -- Tony Hawk: Shred.
Today at QuakeCon, developers speaking on a "Building Blockbusters" panel took issue with "stone-faced" games journalists at product demos, as if the absence of emotional displays in a journalist is somehow a bad thing. Sports journalists never cheer...
Microsoft's revision of the Xbox 360 brought results in July when the console topped the U.S. video game sales ranking for the first time in three years, according to figures from NPD Group.
What goes down must eventually come back up, but I'll bet you weren't expecting Irrational's startling recast of the BioShock tale to take that inverted aphorism literally.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC