A rugged keyboard designed to stand the test of time
Kinect review: We put the Xbox 360's new motion controller through its paces -- is Kinect worth it?
gaming peripherals in pictures
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow is dedicated to those oddball controllers that set out earn our amazement but only aroused our amusement, instead.
Sony is trying to make PlayStation 4 gameplay more immersive by adding a high-resolution OLED display to its prototype video game headset, set for release in the first half of next year.
Microsoft will stop selling the original Kinect for Windows in 2015 now that the second generation of the motion-based controller platform is available.
Software developers were among the first in the world to get their hands on Sony's futuristic Project Morpheus headset on Wednesday, and they liked what they saw.
Sony took a tentative step into virtual-reality gaming on Tuesday with the introduction of its Project Morpheus headset for the PlayStation 4, and among those welcoming the move is someone you might not expect: the founder of startup Oculus, a small ...
Gaming accessory maker SteelSeries has partnered with Tobii Technology to develop a device that will let gamers use their eyes to control game play.
For years, using voice recognition technology on phones or other devices has been a novelty -- something people try once but never again, usually because it works so poorly. But recent developments, including harnessing the computational power of the...
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)WA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC