Microsoft is encouraging academic and enthusiast programmers to experiment with Kinect by downloading the free beta of the device's software development kit. The SDK is compatible with Windows 7 and includes drivers and APIs for the device, allowing ...
Microsoft on Thursday released a beta version of a software development kit that lets hobbyists build applications for the Kinect sensor.
According to Shigeru Miyamoto, speaking with news.com.au, you'll likely only be able to use one of Wii U's fancy new touchscreen controllers on the system at a time -- which explains the reports circulating yesterday that the controller would not be ...
Nintendo promised to offer gamers more content and new kinds of interaction with the introduction of Wii U, a handheld gaming device that pairs with the Wii game console.
Sony <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVeUfNxS0hw">opened its E3 press conference Monday with an apology</a> for the multi-week PlayStation Network outage.
Microsoft's Kinect for Xbox 360 will be able to receive voice controls, letting users control their television and search for content, the company announced Monday at the E3 gaming convention in Los Angeles.
There are now hundreds of Microsoft Kinect hacks in the hacking community right now. When you have hacks such as the Super Saiyan impersonator and the robot controller too, it didn't take too long for someone to figure out how to control a rocket lau...
Kinect hacks seem to be getting better and better.
It looks like Kinect's officially a record-setter, grabbing Guinness' attention long enough to snag the title 'fastest selling consumer electronics device'. According to Microsoft, their controller-free Xbox 360 motion-sensing camera has sold a whopp...
Dan Nixon and Don Jones recently shot a video for the band Echo Lake, featuring its song Young Silence. The video itself is pretty cool, and seems to fit the song's almost dream-like sound well. But the most impressive part? It was filmed using a Mic...
Doubtless timed to show up Microsoft's announcement of 2.5 million Kinect units sold, Sony says its PlayStation Move can now lay claim to 4.1 million units sold worldwide during its initial two months on sale.
Kinect, Microsoft's new motion control gaming system, launched across America this Thursday. And as is the case with any new and noteworthy tech product, the folks over at iFixit got straight to work on taking the Kinect apart, all in the name of gee...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
- Cisco patch stops attackers from taking over TelePresence systems
- Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
- Box launches a product just for government users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC