MSI’s latest gaming notebook fits a fast and more-affordable sweet spot
Better than a plank of wood and some cushions?
A wide view is just the start: this monitor also has gaming-centric features such as FreeSync
An Australian-only laptop offering for gamers on a budget
A few stand-out features make this an enjoyable notebook to use as a main system
gaming in pictures
PAX - The Penny Arcade Expo - is back in Melbourne and it's huge. While still a gamer's festival there is also the promise of all kinds of new technology on show this year. Many industry people from Asia and America have flown in to show off the latest in everything from VR to video streaming services. We'll cover the lot
Star Wars Rebels, Fireworks, Shakespeare and lots of quests are featured in top iPhone and iPad games.
In which the author indulges in gratuitous nerd nostalgia.
From Cortana to Xbox streaming and the audacious Windows Holographic, these are the biggest announcements from Microsoft's Windows 10 Consumer Preview event.
Tourists and residents in Tel Aviv can play classic arcade games on a giant scale thanks to a 3,000-square-meter screen mounted on the City Hall building.
This budget gaming PC might cost only $500 to build, but it'll deliver excellent performance in any PC game you throw at it.
PC gaming went through a dark era in the mid-2000s. A decade on, Dead Rising's arrival on the PC is a nod to how much better we have it nowadays.
The new console boasts a faster processor and more powerful graphics at a $399 price tag.
If there's any consolation for living in Dallas in the summertime, it's QuakeCon. This year, with actual Quake!
Reader Keith wants to squeeze some extra life from his old PlayStation and PlayStation 2 systems, noting that many of his games "don't have comparable versions for PCs." His desktop has a Hauppauge TV tuner card, so he wants to know if he can connect...
Back in 2006 there was a well-received first person shooter set on a space station called The Sphere. This is not that game.
Tokyo is home to many fascinating temples and shrines however if you want to visit a shrine with a difference head on over to Akihabara’s Kando Myojin Shrine. Not only is it one of the Shinto religion’s most important temples - and stunningly beautif...
Many gamers will be no stranger to the name Larry Hryb, better known as Major Nelson.
PAX - The Penny Arcade Expo - is back in Melbourne and it's huge. While still a gamer's festival there is also the promise of all kinds of new technology on show this year. Many industry people from Asia and America have flown in to show off the late...
Witness the intensity and skill of the ultimate Call of Duty: Black Ops III players at the Call of Duty World League Challenge Division ANZ presented by PlayStation 4, Crown Invitational.
Videos about gaming
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTHealth Electronic Claiming Systems BA - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW