Mozilla sent a cease-and-desist letter on Tuesday to a European company that created a piece of spyware masquerading itself as the Firefox browser.
New research suggests a controversial spyware suite called FinFisher is being used to track activists in more countries than previously thought, including Vietnam and Ethiopia.
Reporters Without Borders named five countries that regularly spy on journalists and dissidents, a practice the group contends is made possible with advanced technology from private companies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G3 review
- 2 MiPad: Xiaomi's first tablet reviewed
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Modem Router
- 5 Nokia Lumia 635 review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Latest News Articles
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $62 free shipping
- $229.48 free shipping
- 25% off $70.82
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »