More price cuts are expected this year because of fierce competition between Cloud and on-site software providers, and enterprises will be the beneficiaries.
The increased adoption of mobile, social and cloud computing is driving growth in security spending among organizations that are also becoming more aware of threats on all those fronts.
Amazon Web Services' hosted virtual desktops have become generally available, priced from US$35, but the company and its competitors have a lot of hurdles to overcome before this sort of technology is widely used by businesses.
Despite the hype surrounding smartwatches, they won't be featured on many holiday wish lists this year. They are still too expensive and not useful enough to compete with tablets and fitness bands, according to market research company Gartner.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
Smartphone and tablet buyers snapped up Android products five times more often than they chose Apple iOS devices during the third quarter, according to a new study from Gartner Research.
Enterprises will not be moving quickly to adopt Windows 8, and most will skip next year, according to market research firm Gartner.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW