Choosing the right Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider is growing increasingly difficult in a highly competitive market. Here are the top IaaS players identified by Gartner and their recommended use cases.
Gartner in pictures
Hybrid will be the most common use of the Cloud.
IT leaders must prepare for 'wear-your-own-device' as wearables-driven consumerisation starts to take hold.
“By 2020, Gartner predicts that over half of all IoT implementations will use some form of cloud-based security service.”
There's some confusion around what the Bitcoin blockchain can and can't do. Gartner analysts list 7 common myths about Bitcoin blockchain technology.
“Our early results also show there was an inventory buildup from holiday sales in the fourth quarter of 2015."
The group trying to buy BlackBerry for US$4.7 billion will likely break up the company, wiping out its smartphone division while preserving BlackBerry's secure network services used by large enterprises. But one analyst said he hopes that's not the c...
The enterprise has gone mobile and there's no turning back. And while the BYOD movement has received plenty of attention, IT departments are getting a handle on the security risks of personal mobile devices in the workplace. The next challenge is "br...
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Businesses are eyeing a transition to Microsoft Windows 7, and with a wealth of security features that are part of it, it's worth figuring out the good and bad about each of them, says Gartner analyst Neil MacDonald, who notes in some cases, third-pa...
Most <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/010710-cios-tweet.html">CIOs</a> have started considering virtual desktop infrastructure and other types of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/021909-desktop-virtualization-faq.html">des...
Whitepapers about Gartner
With so many Information Technology solutions available to choose from today, many organizations put their trust in the experience, insight and advice of Gartner, and their industry-leading analysts. Trend Micro’s portfolio of solutions meets and exceeds Gartner’s recommendations on how to devise a server protection strategy. Precisely how Trend Micro does it is detailed in this whitepaper. Read now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT