IT leaders must prepare for 'wear-your-own-device' as wearables-driven consumerisation starts to take hold.
“By 2020, Gartner predicts that over half of all IoT implementations will use some form of cloud-based security service.”
There's some confusion around what the Bitcoin blockchain can and can't do. Gartner analysts list 7 common myths about Bitcoin blockchain technology.
“Our early results also show there was an inventory buildup from holiday sales in the fourth quarter of 2015."
The days of go-go, double-digit growth for tech are long gone and do not appear to be on the way back anytime soon.
“The biggest challenge, and potential benefit for the PC market, is the integration of Windows 10 with Intel's Skylake architecture."
Samsung remains the top smartphone vendor worldwide, followed by Apple.
Choosing the right Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider is growing increasingly difficult in a highly competitive market. Here are the top IaaS players identified by Gartner and their recommended use cases.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
Worldwide IT spending is expected to decline by 5.5 percent this year, with enterprises benefitting from lower prices on communications and IT services but also having to pay higher hardware prices in some parts of the world.
Has there ever been a Gartner Magic Quadrant as lopsided as the one issued this week for cloud infrastructure providers?
PC prices have enjoyed record lows for many years now, but buyers might have to shell out a few more bucks for their desired laptop or desktop later this year.
A slowdown in Windows XP upgrades and the wait for Windows 10 sent worldwide PC shipments tumbling to a six-year low in the first quarter this year, according to IDC.
Microsoft will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 to users running pirated copies of earlier editions.
Strong interest in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus helped Apple sell more smartphones than Samsung in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC