The smartphone boom is in full swing, with twice as many sales last quarter as in the same period last year, according to new research from Gartner.
Smart card vendor Gemalto introduced a new credit card Wednesday that's capable of generating one-time-passwords (OTP) for electronic banking and payment transactions.
Microsoft on Tuesday will unveil the first developer preview of "Denali," the next major release of SQL Server, and will start shipping a data warehouse appliance stemming from its 2008 acquisition of DATAllegro.
The security systems of businesses must "evolve" as they move from virtualised data centres towards private cloud infrastructures, according to analysts at Gartner.
The odds are stacked against RockMelt, a new browser designed to serve as a social networking hub, industry analysts said today.
It's easy to forget that not so long ago, no one was sure if Android would ever be relevant.
Enterprises in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said last month.
NASA is backing open source cloud computing with a single goal in mind: to stick to space exploration and stop running data centers.
Medtronic Inc., which makes medical devices, may be one of the earliest and biggest corporate buyers of Apple Inc.'s iPad tablet. CIO Michael Hedges has purchased 4,500 iPads for his company, which employs 40,000 people.
SOA is set for a comeback according to analyst company, Burton. Nearly two years ago, it was a Burton analyst, Anne Thomas Manes, who proclaimed that SOA was dead but it appears that reports of its demise have been exaggerated.
Enterprises now in the midst of migrating to Windows 7 are unlikely to repeat that same work in just two years with Windows 8, an analyst said today.
Microsoft today launched Office for Mac 2011, the newest version of its application suite designed for Mac OS X.
"Virtualisation is not inherently insecure. However, most virtualised workloads are being deployed insecurely."
ORLANDO -- The increasing ubiquity of Apple's iPad is evident in airports and technology conferences, especially. The tablet's use is so widespread that an army of hands was raised when Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff asked on stage at a Gartner conf...
Being a CIO -- or working for one -- no longer means just keeping a data center and network running. Now the CIO and the IT division must become "entrepreneurial" to drum up new customers for the business and learn how to deploy cutting-edge technolo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC