After a year in which tech stocks boomed but overall IT spending barely eked out single-digit growth, market forecasters are adopting an air of cautious optimism for 2014.
Global spending on IT and telecom products and services will grow 3.1 percent between 2013 and 2014, compared to just 0.4 percent a year earlier, with enterprise software spending driving much of the growth, according to Gartner projections.
BI (business intelligence) and analytics will remain a top investment priority for CIOs, but by 2015 BI vendors will make ad-hoc data discovery, rather than report generation, the prime focus of their product development efforts, according to a new G...
A steady increase in corporate purchasing through the first three quarters of the year hints that enterprises are already rethinking how far BYOD (bring-your-own-device) programs will be allowed to expand, according to Strategy Analytics.
The Nasdaq computer index Friday hit its highest point since November 2000, in the wake of the dot-com bust, despite mixed reports this week from the hardware and components sector.
After a rollercoaster ride, tech stocks rebounded toward the end of the week following reports of a possible compromise on the political impasse over the U.S. budget.
At least three U.S. banks have lost millions of dollars after fraudsters gained control of payment applications that control wire transfers.
Worldwide smartphone sales to end users accounted for nearly 52 per cent of mobile phone sales in the second quarter, surpassing feature phones sales for the first time as a result of growth in Asian countries like China, Gartner said.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
The BlackBerry 10 OS was supposed to save BlackBerry, but the company's phones have now has slipped into fourth place, according to IDC and others.
Job candidates seeking employment at consulting firm McKinsey & Company better prepare themselves -- it ranked as the toughest company to interview at in a recent report, well ahead of big-name technology players like Google, Microsoft and Facebook.
The large majority of people working in IT procurement are "significantly dissatisfied" with the way SaaS (software as a service) vendors define contract language related to security, a feeling likely to persist through 2015, according to a Gartner r...
India has decided to allow mobile services operations to be wholly owned by foreign investors, a move that is expected to lead multinationals to take full control of their Indian joint ventures by buying out local partners.
Microsoft has doubled the support lifespan of Windows Phone 8 from 18 to 36 months and promised to release an enterprise-oriented "feature pack" for the mobile operating system in the first half of 2014.
Gartner has lowered its expectations for growth this year in global IT spending, saying it will rise 2 per cent to $US3.7 trillion. Earlier this year, the analyst firm predicted 2013 growth of 4.1 per cent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW