Though tech spending in the near term is not expected to increase at the heady rates of the dot-com era, industry insiders appear confident that the sector will trend upward this year.
Enterprises finally started opening their pocketbooks for external storage systems in the final quarter of last year, but economic uncertainty and the appeal of public cloud services continue to hold back the market, according to research company Gar...
Despite some shadows cast by Lenovo and Cisco earnings, IT stocks have had a strong week overall, with Nasdaq tech stocks reaching their highest point since the third quarter of 2000, during the dot-com bust.
The highly customized ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems in place at companies around the world are looking a bit long in the tooth, to the point where by 2016 it will be common practice to refer to them as "legacy" software, according to ana...
By 2017, the typical mobile user will share their personalized data stream with 100 applications and services every day, with wearable devices and Internet-connected appliances fueling the use trend, according to Gartner.
Mobile developers hoping to cash in on a blockbuster app have bad news from researcher Gartner: More competition and higher demands from users will make it even more difficult for developers to make money from smartphone and tablet applications.
After a year in which tech stocks boomed but overall IT spending barely eked out single-digit growth, market forecasters are adopting an air of cautious optimism for 2014.
Global spending on IT and telecom products and services will grow 3.1 percent between 2013 and 2014, compared to just 0.4 percent a year earlier, with enterprise software spending driving much of the growth, according to Gartner projections.
BI (business intelligence) and analytics will remain a top investment priority for CIOs, but by 2015 BI vendors will make ad-hoc data discovery, rather than report generation, the prime focus of their product development efforts, according to a new G...
A steady increase in corporate purchasing through the first three quarters of the year hints that enterprises are already rethinking how far BYOD (bring-your-own-device) programs will be allowed to expand, according to Strategy Analytics.
The Nasdaq computer index Friday hit its highest point since November 2000, in the wake of the dot-com bust, despite mixed reports this week from the hardware and components sector.
After a rollercoaster ride, tech stocks rebounded toward the end of the week following reports of a possible compromise on the political impasse over the U.S. budget.
At least three U.S. banks have lost millions of dollars after fraudsters gained control of payment applications that control wire transfers.
Worldwide smartphone sales to end users accounted for nearly 52 per cent of mobile phone sales in the second quarter, surpassing feature phones sales for the first time as a result of growth in Asian countries like China, Gartner said.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US state officials worry about their ability to respond to cyberattacks
- French tax police raid Google’s Paris office
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW