BlackBerry Z10 sales kick off this Friday in the U.S., but it is still unclear how popular the smartphone and its Q10 cousin running BlackBerry 10 will be, amid a number of contradictory predictions and indicators.
Samsung is planning to release a high-end smartphone running on the open-source Tizen operating system in August or September.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
CRM (customer relationship management) software will be the top priority for additional spending on enterprise applications around the world this year and next, according to newly released data from analyst firm Gartner.
SharePoint 2013 arrives with a new user interface and new collaboration, search, storage and task management features. But gaps remain in areas like social and mobile, and upgrading and governing SharePoint is still rife with challenges.
The global public cloud computing market will grow 18.5% in 2013 to $131 billion, up from $111 billion last year, research firm Gartner predicts.
The large majority (70 percent) of high-performing companies will manage their business processes using real-time predictive analytics or "extreme collaboration" by 2016, says analyst house Gartner.
Enterprise developers are seeing demand for Windows 8 line of business apps on mobile devices. However, the applications--while impressive--are speeding along mostly in vertical markets for very specific needs.
Is Apple the winner in the smartphone race or has Samsung left it for dust? Various market research companies have revealed data for the final quarter of 2012, but the reports appear to contradict each other.
HTC has announced its new flagship HTC One smartphone, which HTC Americas President Mike Woodward dubbed "the best phone ever made."
The global market for BI (business intelligence) software will hit US$13.8 billion in 2013, but the pace of growth will be slower than in past years, according to new figures from analyst firm Gartner.
Global smartphone sales skyrocketed by 38 per cent in the fourth quarter year over year. Meanwhile, Samsung ended 2012 in the top position for both smartphone sales and overall mobile phone sales, Gartner reported.
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
Blurring lines between home and office lead to data leakage
Many large companies are embracing internal social networks, but for the most part, they're not getting much good from them, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW