As overall server market revenue and shipments declined in the first quarter, both Dell and Cisco Systems managed growth while enterprise stalwarts Hewlett-Packard and IBM struggled in the headwinds.
Microsoft has gotten little from a 2012 investment of $US300 million with Barnes & Noble, analysts said, but it's poised to reap some rewards as it and its partners start to ship smaller tablets.
A Gartner study released today predicts that by 2017, half of all companies will require employees to bring their own smartphones for work purposes.
About half of the world's companies will enact BYOD (bring your own device) programs by 2017 and will no longer provide computing devices to employees, a new Gartner report predicts.
Gartner recently predicted that 25% of organizations will have their own app store by 2017, and while app stores can improve flexibility and empower staff, once the floodgates open it can be incredibly difficult for enterprises to manage software lic...
IT departments can keep employees from using malware-infested mobile apps by creating an internal store of company-approved apps. The store can also collect feedback from users about their preferences.
Global CRM (customer relationship management) revenue grew 12.5 percent last year to US$18 billion, a rate three times that of all enterprise software segments on average, as companies look to acquire more business and serve existing customers better...
Microsoft will launch a new line of Surface tablets later this year, including one or more smaller 7-in. devices, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Almost 2.4 billion computers, tablets and cellphones will ship this year, according to estimates from Gartner.
Though IT trailed other sectors as market indices rose to milestone highs this quarter, some bright spots in earnings and market research reports this week indicate continuing confidence that things will go better for tech this year than in 2012.
Worldwide spending on IT products and services will grow 4.1 percent this year to roughly US$3.8 trillion, according to new forecast figures released by analyst firm Gartner.
Gartner analysts said in a report released Monday that BlackBerry's new BB10 software isn't going to achieve world-beating results anytime soon. Even BlackBerry officials have literally begun singing the praises of the new Z10 smartphone in anticipat...
BlackBerry Z10 sales kick off this Friday in the U.S., but it is still unclear how popular the smartphone and its Q10 cousin running BlackBerry 10 will be, amid a number of contradictory predictions and indicators.
Samsung is planning to release a high-end smartphone running on the open-source Tizen operating system in August or September.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA