Despite dismal forecasts for PCs and servers, tech stocks have been doing well on optimism about cloud technology and mobile devices.
Top Gartner analyst urges government tech leaders to keep mission objectives and service approach in mind as they move IT processes to the cloud.
As overall server market revenue and shipments declined in the first quarter, both Dell and Cisco Systems managed growth while enterprise stalwarts Hewlett-Packard and IBM struggled in the headwinds.
Microsoft has gotten little from a 2012 investment of $US300 million with Barnes & Noble, analysts said, but it's poised to reap some rewards as it and its partners start to ship smaller tablets.
A Gartner study released today predicts that by 2017, half of all companies will require employees to bring their own smartphones for work purposes.
About half of the world's companies will enact BYOD (bring your own device) programs by 2017 and will no longer provide computing devices to employees, a new Gartner report predicts.
Gartner recently predicted that 25% of organizations will have their own app store by 2017, and while app stores can improve flexibility and empower staff, once the floodgates open it can be incredibly difficult for enterprises to manage software lic...
IT departments can keep employees from using malware-infested mobile apps by creating an internal store of company-approved apps. The store can also collect feedback from users about their preferences.
Global CRM (customer relationship management) revenue grew 12.5 percent last year to US$18 billion, a rate three times that of all enterprise software segments on average, as companies look to acquire more business and serve existing customers better...
Microsoft will launch a new line of Surface tablets later this year, including one or more smaller 7-in. devices, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Almost 2.4 billion computers, tablets and cellphones will ship this year, according to estimates from Gartner.
Though IT trailed other sectors as market indices rose to milestone highs this quarter, some bright spots in earnings and market research reports this week indicate continuing confidence that things will go better for tech this year than in 2012.
Worldwide spending on IT products and services will grow 4.1 percent this year to roughly US$3.8 trillion, according to new forecast figures released by analyst firm Gartner.
Gartner analysts said in a report released Monday that BlackBerry's new BB10 software isn't going to achieve world-beating results anytime soon. Even BlackBerry officials have literally begun singing the praises of the new Z10 smartphone in anticipat...
BlackBerry Z10 sales kick off this Friday in the U.S., but it is still unclear how popular the smartphone and its Q10 cousin running BlackBerry 10 will be, amid a number of contradictory predictions and indicators.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
- See Sedric drive: Volkswagen shows off first autonomous concept car
- This is the closest thing Intel has built to a discrete GPU
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst- Process (Banking or Insurance or Gov backg)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTTest AdvertSA