Despite dismal forecasts for PCs and servers, tech stocks have been doing well on optimism about cloud technology and mobile devices.
Top Gartner analyst urges government tech leaders to keep mission objectives and service approach in mind as they move IT processes to the cloud.
As overall server market revenue and shipments declined in the first quarter, both Dell and Cisco Systems managed growth while enterprise stalwarts Hewlett-Packard and IBM struggled in the headwinds.
Microsoft has gotten little from a 2012 investment of $US300 million with Barnes & Noble, analysts said, but it's poised to reap some rewards as it and its partners start to ship smaller tablets.
A Gartner study released today predicts that by 2017, half of all companies will require employees to bring their own smartphones for work purposes.
About half of the world's companies will enact BYOD (bring your own device) programs by 2017 and will no longer provide computing devices to employees, a new Gartner report predicts.
Gartner recently predicted that 25% of organizations will have their own app store by 2017, and while app stores can improve flexibility and empower staff, once the floodgates open it can be incredibly difficult for enterprises to manage software lic...
IT departments can keep employees from using malware-infested mobile apps by creating an internal store of company-approved apps. The store can also collect feedback from users about their preferences.
Global CRM (customer relationship management) revenue grew 12.5 percent last year to US$18 billion, a rate three times that of all enterprise software segments on average, as companies look to acquire more business and serve existing customers better...
Microsoft will launch a new line of Surface tablets later this year, including one or more smaller 7-in. devices, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Almost 2.4 billion computers, tablets and cellphones will ship this year, according to estimates from Gartner.
Though IT trailed other sectors as market indices rose to milestone highs this quarter, some bright spots in earnings and market research reports this week indicate continuing confidence that things will go better for tech this year than in 2012.
Worldwide spending on IT products and services will grow 4.1 percent this year to roughly US$3.8 trillion, according to new forecast figures released by analyst firm Gartner.
Gartner analysts said in a report released Monday that BlackBerry's new BB10 software isn't going to achieve world-beating results anytime soon. Even BlackBerry officials have literally begun singing the praises of the new Z10 smartphone in anticipat...
BlackBerry Z10 sales kick off this Friday in the U.S., but it is still unclear how popular the smartphone and its Q10 cousin running BlackBerry 10 will be, amid a number of contradictory predictions and indicators.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Elite Slice mini-PC stacks up features with snap-on modules
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCTIM / TAM ArchitectACT
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- FTBiztalk DesignerNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSoftware Delivery ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA