Samsung is planning to release a high-end smartphone running on the open-source Tizen operating system in August or September.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
CRM (customer relationship management) software will be the top priority for additional spending on enterprise applications around the world this year and next, according to newly released data from analyst firm Gartner.
SharePoint 2013 arrives with a new user interface and new collaboration, search, storage and task management features. But gaps remain in areas like social and mobile, and upgrading and governing SharePoint is still rife with challenges.
The global public cloud computing market will grow 18.5% in 2013 to $131 billion, up from $111 billion last year, research firm Gartner predicts.
The large majority (70 percent) of high-performing companies will manage their business processes using real-time predictive analytics or "extreme collaboration" by 2016, says analyst house Gartner.
Enterprise developers are seeing demand for Windows 8 line of business apps on mobile devices. However, the applications--while impressive--are speeding along mostly in vertical markets for very specific needs.
Is Apple the winner in the smartphone race or has Samsung left it for dust? Various market research companies have revealed data for the final quarter of 2012, but the reports appear to contradict each other.
HTC has announced its new flagship HTC One smartphone, which HTC Americas President Mike Woodward dubbed "the best phone ever made."
The global market for BI (business intelligence) software will hit US$13.8 billion in 2013, but the pace of growth will be slower than in past years, according to new figures from analyst firm Gartner.
Global smartphone sales skyrocketed by 38 per cent in the fourth quarter year over year. Meanwhile, Samsung ended 2012 in the top position for both smartphone sales and overall mobile phone sales, Gartner reported.
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
Blurring lines between home and office lead to data leakage
Many large companies are embracing internal social networks, but for the most part, they're not getting much good from them, according to analyst firm Gartner.
The Hadoop open source programming framework for large-scale data analysis is already one of the highest-profile technologies in the "big data" market, but users can expect it to become even more prevalent over the next couple of years, according to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW