Samsung is planning to release a high-end smartphone running on the open-source Tizen operating system in August or September.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
CRM (customer relationship management) software will be the top priority for additional spending on enterprise applications around the world this year and next, according to newly released data from analyst firm Gartner.
SharePoint 2013 arrives with a new user interface and new collaboration, search, storage and task management features. But gaps remain in areas like social and mobile, and upgrading and governing SharePoint is still rife with challenges.
The global public cloud computing market will grow 18.5% in 2013 to $131 billion, up from $111 billion last year, research firm Gartner predicts.
The large majority (70 percent) of high-performing companies will manage their business processes using real-time predictive analytics or "extreme collaboration" by 2016, says analyst house Gartner.
Enterprise developers are seeing demand for Windows 8 line of business apps on mobile devices. However, the applications--while impressive--are speeding along mostly in vertical markets for very specific needs.
Is Apple the winner in the smartphone race or has Samsung left it for dust? Various market research companies have revealed data for the final quarter of 2012, but the reports appear to contradict each other.
HTC has announced its new flagship HTC One smartphone, which HTC Americas President Mike Woodward dubbed "the best phone ever made."
The global market for BI (business intelligence) software will hit US$13.8 billion in 2013, but the pace of growth will be slower than in past years, according to new figures from analyst firm Gartner.
Global smartphone sales skyrocketed by 38 per cent in the fourth quarter year over year. Meanwhile, Samsung ended 2012 in the top position for both smartphone sales and overall mobile phone sales, Gartner reported.
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
Blurring lines between home and office lead to data leakage
Many large companies are embracing internal social networks, but for the most part, they're not getting much good from them, according to analyst firm Gartner.
The Hadoop open source programming framework for large-scale data analysis is already one of the highest-profile technologies in the "big data" market, but users can expect it to become even more prevalent over the next couple of years, according to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCiOS developerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW