Growth in the storage market slowed down during the third quarter, but vendors such as Hitachi, EMC and Fujitsu still had a good three months thanks in part to sales of high-end systems.
Worldwide server shipments went up in the third quarter of 2012, but revenue from those sales dropped due to economic uncertainty in some parts of the world, research firm Gartner said in a study released on Wednesday.
Companies are not only buying into SaaS (software as a service) more than ever, they are also ripping out legacy on-premises applications and replacing them with SaaS, according to analyst firm Gartner.
Facebook is going to great lengths to encourage its staff to switch from the iPhone to Android.
The PaaS (platform as a service) market will grow to US$1.2 billion this year, up from last year's $900 million take, as vendors and customers seek easier ways to create new applications and customize existing ones, according analyst firm Gartner.
Smartphone and tablet buyers snapped up Android products five times more often than they chose Apple iOS devices during the third quarter, according to a new study from Gartner Research.
Nokia dropped to seventh place in the global smartphone market in the third quarter, as Samsung and Apple controlled 46.5 per cent of the market, according to Gartner.
Gartner report that 1.2 billion smart devices will be purchased in 2013, breaking the 1 billion mark for the first time.
IT spending in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) will reach US$1.154 trillion in 2013, a 1.4 percent increase from this year, thanks to the increasing popularity of mobile devices, market research company Gartner said on Monday.
Enterprises will not be moving quickly to adopt Windows 8, and most will skip next year, according to market research firm Gartner.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
Tech stocks looked strong Friday morning on the back of a week of upbeat surveys on small business and online spending, positive news about enterprise hardware and hopeful reports on U.S. employment and the European debt crisis.
China has passed the U.S. in the third quarter to become the world's largest smartphone market by shipments, but may find it tough to hold the position in the next two quarters, according to a research firm.
Android has surged ahead in the global smartphone market with more than half of all handsets sold worldwide in Q3 2011 running Google's mobile OS.
Samsung became the biggest smartphone vendor in the world during the third quarter, and Android's market share has surpassed 50 percent for the first time, market research company Gartner said on Tuesday as it reported on phone sales to end-users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW