Some artists are said to paint with light. Geomerics, an ARM subsidiary that develops dynamic lighting technology, helps game developers do just that. Today the company released its third-generation product -- Enlighten 3 -- along with a new Forge de...
Windows and Xbox games will receive a significant graphics and performance boost with Microsoft's new DirectX 12, a set of application programming interfaces and tools used in PC games.
Haswell, move over. Intel has provided an initial glimpse into the faster and more power-efficient fifth-generation Core processors code-named Broadwell, which will be in PCs during the second half of this year.
Software developers were among the first in the world to get their hands on Sony's futuristic Project Morpheus headset on Wednesday, and they liked what they saw.
Sony took a tentative step into virtual-reality gaming on Tuesday with the introduction of its Project Morpheus headset for the PlayStation 4, and among those welcoming the move is someone you might not expect: the founder of startup Oculus, a small ...
GDC 2009 wishlist: The Game Developers Conference is upon us and these are the revelations, games, and topics we want to see in some form at this year's event.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW