Some artists are said to paint with light. Geomerics, an ARM subsidiary that develops dynamic lighting technology, helps game developers do just that. Today the company released its third-generation product -- Enlighten 3 -- along with a new Forge de...
Windows and Xbox games will receive a significant graphics and performance boost with Microsoft's new DirectX 12, a set of application programming interfaces and tools used in PC games.
Haswell, move over. Intel has provided an initial glimpse into the faster and more power-efficient fifth-generation Core processors code-named Broadwell, which will be in PCs during the second half of this year.
Software developers were among the first in the world to get their hands on Sony's futuristic Project Morpheus headset on Wednesday, and they liked what they saw.
Sony took a tentative step into virtual-reality gaming on Tuesday with the introduction of its Project Morpheus headset for the PlayStation 4, and among those welcoming the move is someone you might not expect: the founder of startup Oculus, a small ...
Using Marmalade Technologies' Juice tool, iOS developers can recompile their games to run on Android.
More vivid games with better shadows, lights and reflection could come to iPhones in the near future as new mobile graphics technology announced by Imagination Technologies hits the market.
Mozilla and Unity Technologies are collaborating to make it easier for developers to create games that will run smoothly in a browser without plugins, thanks to technologies such as WebGL.
Google has updated its cross-platform Play Games service, and promises it has more in store for this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW