General Electric is introducing the Digital Power Plant, a real-time simulation of a physical power plant that lives in the cloud and allows for better management and less downtime.
China moving cops on-site at Internet companies... Do-Not-Track gets some bite...Lollipop lag shows Android is really fragmented...and more tech news.
General Electric is pitching a cloud service for the Internet of Things market, but its focus is primarily on heavy industries like aviation, healthcare, energy and transportation.
Industrial control systems have been at the center of some scary security stories recently, but investigating malware infections in such environments is not easy because analysts often having a hard time telling suspicious and good files apart.
Since 2011 a group of attackers has been targeting companies that operate industrial control systems with a backdoor program called BlackEnergy.
Five IT and equipment companies have formed a group to drive standards for the so-called Internet of Things, a network that would feed data back and forth between computers and all kinds of industrial gear.
When a certain Los Angeles office building lights up, it's a dark day for nearby cellphone users, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Internet tools are just starting to be applied to industrial tasks such as maintaining equipment and optimizing operations, but the wealth of data being produced by industrial systems could make this a major focus of development in the coming years.
Google, AT&T and Verizon Communications were among the top corporate spenders on lobbying the U.S. government in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to information released this week by the U.S. House of Representatives.
Malta-based security start-up firm ReVuln claims to be sitting on a stockpile of vulnerabilities in industrial control software, but prefers to sell the information to governments and other paying customers instead of disclosing it to the affected so...
Microsoft and General Electric's healthcare IT business are setting up a 50:50 joint venture to develop and market an open, interoperable technology platform and clinical applications for enabling better population health management, the companies sa...
To make it simpler for businesses to comply with the multiplicity of data protection regimes across Europe, Viviane Reding envisages letting European Union companies set their own privacy rules -- as long as they agree with one national data protecti...
To those who know their IT outsourcing history, GE and offshoring are practically synonymous.
The U.S. Senate has passed an overhaul of the U.S. patent system, but has removed some controversial provisions limiting damage awards in infringement lawsuits.
About US$4.5 million in grants from the U.S. Department of Commerce and private companies will create a program to link small manufacturers in the U.S. Midwest with supercomputing resources, U.S. officials said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW