Cisco is expected to unveil new and enhanced data center products that are designed to more easily interconnect and allocate resources among multiple data centers and are optimized for cloud computing and virtualization.
Enterasys this week is introducing a major upgrade to its Ethernet switch line in an effort to better serve converged networks, including those that are heavily virtualized.
Cisco's "Big Bang" switching upgrade will emerge in late January and encompass more than just the Catalyst 6500.
OEM reference supplier Fulcrum Microsystems has unveiled a 10Gbit/sec. Ethernet data center switch design that vendors can use to make "lossless" alternatives to Fibre Channel fabrics.
Enterasys will roll out this week at Interop New York a line of stackable switches that feature integral 10Gbps Ethernet ports, IPv6 support and increased bandwidth and throughput vs. its earlier models.
Foundry Networks this week at Interop New York is unveiling a switching line for small and midsize businesses, branch offices and distributed enterprise workgroups, plus stackables and stacking upgrades for existing switches.
Alcatel-Lucent is delivering a new family of Gigabit Ethernet switches that fit into its architecture for blending data, voice and wireless connectivity and are designed for small and midsize businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) speed up web browsing for users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW