Cisco is expected to unveil new and enhanced data center products that are designed to more easily interconnect and allocate resources among multiple data centers and are optimized for cloud computing and virtualization.
Enterasys this week is introducing a major upgrade to its Ethernet switch line in an effort to better serve converged networks, including those that are heavily virtualized.
Cisco's "Big Bang" switching upgrade will emerge in late January and encompass more than just the Catalyst 6500.
OEM reference supplier Fulcrum Microsystems has unveiled a 10Gbit/sec. Ethernet data center switch design that vendors can use to make "lossless" alternatives to Fibre Channel fabrics.
Enterasys will roll out this week at Interop New York a line of stackable switches that feature integral 10Gbps Ethernet ports, IPv6 support and increased bandwidth and throughput vs. its earlier models.
Foundry Networks this week at Interop New York is unveiling a switching line for small and midsize businesses, branch offices and distributed enterprise workgroups, plus stackables and stacking upgrades for existing switches.
Alcatel-Lucent is delivering a new family of Gigabit Ethernet switches that fit into its architecture for blending data, voice and wireless connectivity and are designed for small and midsize businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT