It isn't just offered as a service, either; the open source underpinnings can be downloaded and deployed, and integration with other code hosting services is on the roadmap
Looking to expand its already considerable user base, GitHub has introduced a new desktop GUI client that streamlines many of the functions of the online code repository.
Plotting to lure developers away from their much-loved but decades-old Emacs and Vi text editors, online code repository GitHub has officially launched Atom, touting it as the text editor for the modern era.
If you’re looking to hire a developer, which is more important: her LinkedIn profile or samples of her code on GitHub?
Owners of fixed-code garage door openers might want to consider upgrading them because a researcher has developed a technique that guesses the numbers in seconds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW