It isn't just offered as a service, either; the open source underpinnings can be downloaded and deployed, and integration with other code hosting services is on the roadmap
Looking to expand its already considerable user base, GitHub has introduced a new desktop GUI client that streamlines many of the functions of the online code repository.
Plotting to lure developers away from their much-loved but decades-old Emacs and Vi text editors, online code repository GitHub has officially launched Atom, touting it as the text editor for the modern era.
If you’re looking to hire a developer, which is more important: her LinkedIn profile or samples of her code on GitHub?
Owners of fixed-code garage door openers might want to consider upgrading them because a researcher has developed a technique that guesses the numbers in seconds.
A number of high-profile source-code repositories hosted on GitHub could have been modified using weak SSH authentication keys, a security researcher has warned.
China is deploying a tool that can be used to launch huge distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to enforce censorship. Researchers have dubbed it "the Great Cannon."
A new open-source tool can periodically scan an area for rogue Wi-Fi access points and can alert network administrators if any are found.
Pebble Time breaks Kickstarter record...Tim Cook speaks out on discrimination...Intel is said to be considering Altera buy... and more tech news.
Software development platform GitHub said it was still experiencing intermittent outages from the largest cyberattack in its history but had halted most of the attack traffic.
A new open-source tool can be used to launch phishing attacks against users of wireless networks in order to steal their Wi-Fi access keys.
A critical vulnerability in client software used to interact with Git, a distributed revision control system for managing source code repositories, allows attackers to execute rogue commands on computers used by developers.
Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Two SQL injection vulnerabilities were patched in Ruby on Rails, a popular open-source Web development framework used by some high-profile websites.
Online code repository GitHub is taking on the venerable Emacs and Vim text editors by releasing a text editor of its own, called Atom, which it claims is more suited to the Web era of development.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
- NBN: Question marks over copper costs persist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA