Global research firm Ovum has released a report on the telecommunications industry warning that revenue growth is in decline for many "mature market operators," and slowing for those in emerging telco markets.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Hard times are driving large enterprises to patch holes in their storage architectures with systems designed for small and medium-sized businesses, one reason enterprise disk storage revenue fell 18.2 percent in the first quarter of this year, accord...
Leading IT companies and CIOs should start preparing for business growth immediately if they want to avoid falling behind competitors once the recession ends, says Gartner Research.
HP is set to axe 850 manufacturing jobs in the UK, according to trade union Unite.
With project budgets shrinking, network professionals are spending less time planning new purchases and more time trying to cut costs and squeeze more value out of existing IT resources.
No company is immune from the economy's ebb and flow. So it's no surprise that, in the face of a fearsome downturn, IT shops are scrambling to figure out where they should cut.
Until September, the US tech industry appeared insulated from the year-long economic slowdown. Most of the 20 largest US tech firms reported solid second-quarter earnings in July and August, and they were projecting continued growth in sales through ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC