Global research firm Ovum has released a report on the telecommunications industry warning that revenue growth is in decline for many "mature market operators," and slowing for those in emerging telco markets.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Hard times are driving large enterprises to patch holes in their storage architectures with systems designed for small and medium-sized businesses, one reason enterprise disk storage revenue fell 18.2 percent in the first quarter of this year, accord...
Leading IT companies and CIOs should start preparing for business growth immediately if they want to avoid falling behind competitors once the recession ends, says Gartner Research.
HP is set to axe 850 manufacturing jobs in the UK, according to trade union Unite.
With project budgets shrinking, network professionals are spending less time planning new purchases and more time trying to cut costs and squeeze more value out of existing IT resources.
No company is immune from the economy's ebb and flow. So it's no surprise that, in the face of a fearsome downturn, IT shops are scrambling to figure out where they should cut.
Until September, the US tech industry appeared insulated from the year-long economic slowdown. Most of the 20 largest US tech firms reported solid second-quarter earnings in July and August, and they were projecting continued growth in sales through ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT