Global research firm Ovum has released a report on the telecommunications industry warning that revenue growth is in decline for many "mature market operators," and slowing for those in emerging telco markets.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Hard times are driving large enterprises to patch holes in their storage architectures with systems designed for small and medium-sized businesses, one reason enterprise disk storage revenue fell 18.2 percent in the first quarter of this year, accord...
Leading IT companies and CIOs should start preparing for business growth immediately if they want to avoid falling behind competitors once the recession ends, says Gartner Research.
HP is set to axe 850 manufacturing jobs in the UK, according to trade union Unite.
Budget dollars may be tight for most companies, but that doesn't mean enterprise IT departments can do without the technology skills, talent and certifications they need to better navigate a down economy.
Microsoft plans to use this week's Open Source Business Conference (OSBC) to outline its move into the next phase of its open source strategy around building a business model for the down economy, according to company officials.
Pat Beemer, IT director for Seattle Lighting, has a lot of orphaned computer hardware and unused software licenses on his hands -- the result of what he calls "serious" layoffs at the company.
At its CIO Summit, Microsoft told government and education IT managers to figure out how to do "more with less" during the economic recession.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer told financial analysts Monday that the weak economy and declining PC sales would continue to challenge the company but that Microsoft would focus on growing market share within its seven core businesses.
Microsoft has launched a new program with the goal of providing technology training to up to 2 million people in the U.S.
An economic stimulus package going through the U.S. Congress has provisions that could start a trade war and fails to address U.S. competitiveness, Dell's chairman and CEO said Tuesday.
Microsoft has discontinued negotiations over leasing a new office building in Seattle due to the deteriorating economic situation, it said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT