Google plans to tweak Gmail to make it easier for its users to post and share status updates, in an attempt to inject the Web mail service with social-networking capabilities popularized by Twitter and Facebook, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Chinese state media has spun Google's threat to leave China as a purely commercial move, as authorities there apparently work to limit discussion of human rights issues raised by Google.
The Gmail accounts of foreign reporters in at least two news bureaus in Beijing have been hijacked, a journalists' group in China said Monday.
At the risk of inconveniencing some users, Gmail to a more secure protocol. The timing of the action is seen as a response to Chinese hacking attempts against the online mail service.
If you spend half your day in Gmail, as I do, then you're probably up for just about anything that can help you manage mail more quickly. The Gboard promises to do just that, so I jumped at the chance to give it a spin.
Hackers can exploit a flaw in Adobe's Flash to compromise nearly every Web site that allows users to upload content, including Google's Gmail, then launch silent attacks on visitors to those sites, security researchers said today.
Google's Gmail webmail service can now detect if users have included a potentially incorrect recipient in an e-mail message they're sending to a group of people.
One researcher isn't buying Microsoft's and Google's explanation that hijacked Hotmail and Gmail passwords were obtained in a massive phishing attack.
In the wake of the posting in online forums of stolen account and password information for thousands of Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo e-mail accounts, there's evidence of yet more abuse that entails attackers exploiting that information to hack into compr...
Google confirmed today that passwords for its free Gmail online e-mail service had been harvested by hackers, but downplayed the phishing attack as involving just a "small number" of accounts.
Google's Gmail and Yahoo's Mail were also targeted by a large-scale phishing attack, perhaps the same one that harvested at least 10,000 passwords from Microsoft's Windows Live Hotmail, according to a report by the BBC.
An Italian prosecutor has accused Google of violating Italian and European regulations in the way it handles its e-mail communications, the Corriere della Sera newspaper reported Monday.
Can't wait to get back to your desk to check your Gmail messages? Well, now you may not have to wait.
A worldwide outage of Google's Gmail online e-mail system on Tuesday was caused by a traffic jam on its servers, according to Google's official Gmail blog.
After a nearly two-hour outage, Google Inc. is getting its Gmail e-mail service back up and running this evening.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD