Google plans to tweak Gmail to make it easier for its users to post and share status updates, in an attempt to inject the Web mail service with social-networking capabilities popularized by Twitter and Facebook, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Chinese state media has spun Google's threat to leave China as a purely commercial move, as authorities there apparently work to limit discussion of human rights issues raised by Google.
The Gmail accounts of foreign reporters in at least two news bureaus in Beijing have been hijacked, a journalists' group in China said Monday.
At the risk of inconveniencing some users, Gmail to a more secure protocol. The timing of the action is seen as a response to Chinese hacking attempts against the online mail service.
If you spend half your day in Gmail, as I do, then you're probably up for just about anything that can help you manage mail more quickly. The Gboard promises to do just that, so I jumped at the chance to give it a spin.
Hackers can exploit a flaw in Adobe's Flash to compromise nearly every Web site that allows users to upload content, including Google's Gmail, then launch silent attacks on visitors to those sites, security researchers said today.
Google's Gmail webmail service can now detect if users have included a potentially incorrect recipient in an e-mail message they're sending to a group of people.
One researcher isn't buying Microsoft's and Google's explanation that hijacked Hotmail and Gmail passwords were obtained in a massive phishing attack.
In the wake of the posting in online forums of stolen account and password information for thousands of Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo e-mail accounts, there's evidence of yet more abuse that entails attackers exploiting that information to hack into compr...
Google confirmed today that passwords for its free Gmail online e-mail service had been harvested by hackers, but downplayed the phishing attack as involving just a "small number" of accounts.
Google's Gmail and Yahoo's Mail were also targeted by a large-scale phishing attack, perhaps the same one that harvested at least 10,000 passwords from Microsoft's Windows Live Hotmail, according to a report by the BBC.
An Italian prosecutor has accused Google of violating Italian and European regulations in the way it handles its e-mail communications, the Corriere della Sera newspaper reported Monday.
Can't wait to get back to your desk to check your Gmail messages? Well, now you may not have to wait.
A worldwide outage of Google's Gmail online e-mail system on Tuesday was caused by a traffic jam on its servers, according to Google's official Gmail blog.
After a nearly two-hour outage, Google Inc. is getting its Gmail e-mail service back up and running this evening.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC