In-flight Internet provider Gogo is inspecting its users' traffic exchanged with secure sites by replacing those sites' HTTPS certificates with self-signed ones.
AT&T has reversed itself on in-flight Wi-Fi, dropping a plan announced just months ago that would have seen the carrier launch services on airliners next year.
Gogo will offer in-flight connectivity with speeds at up to 70Mbps on Virgin Atlantic's aircraft, once a deal between the two companies is concluded.
In-flight Internet access provider Gogo is working on a service that will increase the maximum data speed on planes to 70Mbps.
Passengers in flight could make voice calls and exchange text messages using a new service from Gogo, but that doesn't mean your seatmate will necessarily be able to blab all through your next flight.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW