Amazon Kindle Fire preview: Amazon's Kindle Fire heats up the tablet market, but leaves Aussies out in the cold
google android tablets
Huawei MediaPad preview: The first 7in Android tablet to run Google's Honeycomb platform
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer review: The Eee Pad Transformer boasts a 10.1in screen, and an optional, detachable keyboard dock accessory
Vodafone has become the first Australian telco to announce availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet, with pre-orders for the device opening today at 4pm on both 12 and 24 month contract plans.
Optus has today announced the launch of two new Android tablets, both which will be sold on 24 month contract plans with no upfront cost.
Sony's 10.1in Android tablet -- simply called the Tablet S -- will go on sale in Australia tomorrow starting at $579, the company announced today.
Samsung has postponed its media launch for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 next week, following a federal court decision that prevents the tablet from going on sale in Australia until a patent lawsuit with Apple is resolved.
Motorola seems to have made a mess of Google's latest Android software update on its Xoom tablet, after it released, then halted the Android 3.1 software update citing a 'system error'.
Tablets are the hot tech product of 2011, but most seem to offer very little differentiation in screen size, specifications and software. Lenovo is at least attempting something new with its ThinkPad Tablet: it's aimed squarely at business users and ...
Lenovo may have arrived late to the party, but is it too late? The company better known for its business notebooks and PCs has finally released an Android tablet, the Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1.
It seems a new Android tablet is launched or announced almost every week, however most of them are very similar. Two products that are at least trying to offer something different are the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet.
Two of the latest Android "Honeycomb" tablets to hit the Australian market are the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and the unimaginatively named Toshiba Tablet (otherwise known as the AT100 in Australia, and the Toshiba Thrive in other markets).
The tablet market may be still in its relative infancy in Australia, but Google's latest 'Honeycomb' operating system has given manufacturers a nice building block to start from.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW