Amazon Kindle Fire preview: Amazon's Kindle Fire heats up the tablet market, but leaves Aussies out in the cold
Google android tablets
Huawei MediaPad preview: The first 7in Android tablet to run Google's Honeycomb platform
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer review: The Eee Pad Transformer boasts a 10.1in screen, and an optional, detachable keyboard dock accessory
Vodafone has become the first Australian telco to announce availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet, with pre-orders for the device opening today at 4pm on both 12 and 24 month contract plans.
Optus has today announced the launch of two new Android tablets, both which will be sold on 24 month contract plans with no upfront cost.
Sony's 10.1in Android tablet -- simply called the Tablet S -- will go on sale in Australia tomorrow starting at $579, the company announced today.
Samsung has postponed its media launch for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 next week, following a federal court decision that prevents the tablet from going on sale in Australia until a patent lawsuit with Apple is resolved.
Motorola seems to have made a mess of Google's latest Android software update on its Xoom tablet, after it released, then halted the Android 3.1 software update citing a 'system error'.
Tablets are the hot tech product of 2011, but most seem to offer very little differentiation in screen size, specifications and software. Lenovo is at least attempting something new with its ThinkPad Tablet: it's aimed squarely at business users and ...
Lenovo may have arrived late to the party, but is it too late? The company better known for its business notebooks and PCs has finally released an Android tablet, the Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1.
It seems a new Android tablet is launched or announced almost every week, however most of them are very similar. Two products that are at least trying to offer something different are the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet.
Two of the latest Android "Honeycomb" tablets to hit the Australian market are the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and the unimaginatively named Toshiba Tablet (otherwise known as the AT100 in Australia, and the Toshiba Thrive in other markets).
The tablet market may be still in its relative infancy in Australia, but Google's latest 'Honeycomb' operating system has given manufacturers a nice building block to start from.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- TPIteration Lead - .NetQLD
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Multiple rolesQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC