The Moto X offers unique customisation options and promises 24-hour battery life.
The Xperia Tablet Z has an excellent screen, good battery life, and water resistant capabilities
The Motorola RAZR M is a compact and well built smartphone that doesn't sacrifice performance or features
Medion LifeTab P9514 review: A run-of-the mill Android tablet that's competitively priced
Sony Tablet S review: The Sony Tablet S' unique folded design makes it a great device to hold
Google Android in pictures
Android 3.0 is a new version of the Android platform that is specifically optimised for tablet devices. Dubbed "Honeycomb", Android 3.0 has a completely redesigned interface that aims to take advantage of the larger screen of a tablet. These new UI features include an "action bar", a contextual option group displayed at the top of the screen, five customisable home screens, recent apps for easier multitasking, a redesigned on-screen keyboard, a new browser and an improved copy and paste function and much more. Check out the latest screenshots from Google.
In 2007, many pundits were expressing disappointment that Google was only releasing an open-source mobile operating system rather than a smartphone of its own design to compete with Apple’s just-released first-generation iPhone.
GPS was once merely a means to help navigate people through difficult terrain, erratic bushland and dodgy suburbs. However, the rise of smartphones has led to all sorts of novel applications for GPS technology. We take a look at the 10 best GPS-based apps for Android smartphones.
Cisco gets down to business with its Cius business tablet that will let you perform video conferencing and is optimized for apps such as WebEx Meeting Center.
HTC is soon expected to release a larger version of its One smartphone called the HTC One Max, after leaked images of the purported device were published by Twitter account @evleaks.
Australia's largest Member motorists association, NRMA, is offering a free Android tablet to customers who join, upgrade or renew on its premium roadside assistance package, but the device is outdated and has low-end specifications.
The latest major version of Android, known as Jelly Bean, is now the most widely used variant of the platform, according to new statistics from Google.
Apple's iOS is closing the gap on rival Android in the US market, according to new statistics released today by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, which says that the three months that ended in May 2013 saw iOS' share of the American smartphone market grow b...
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has updated its Android app to bring it in line with the iOS version, adding the ability to view radio and TV content and a number of other new features.
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openne...
Smartphones are meant to make our lives easier--or at least more connected to people we want to communicate with--so why does typing on them sometimes seem on a par with performing root canal surgery?
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can b...
Maybe you want to liberate your iPhone from Apple's clutches. Maybe you just want to tinker with something new. Either way, you've seen Android running on the iPhone, and you want to try it for yourself.
Google Android is a great platform for mobile communications, but it's also designed from the ground up to offer a rich multimedia experience. Your Android device is jam-packed with features that let you manage and play your digital music in a variet...
Samsung officially announced the Galaxy S4 Active smartphone, a water and dust-resistant version of the Galaxy S4, over two months ago, but the device still hasn't officially been released in Australia. When can Aussies get their hands on it?
The latest devices continually push the boundaries of what can be declared a smartphone. In Sony's Xperia Z Ultra and Samsung's Galaxy Mega 6.3 we have two of the biggest Android phones to hit the market. How do they compare?
The Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One are two of the newest Android smartphones available in Australia. Which one would you choose?
It's official, and it's been official for a while -- Android is far and away the most popular smartphone OS in America. Ever since January 2011, when the platform surpassed RIM to take the top spot for the first time in comScore's monthly market shar...
Sony has revealed more details about its newly unveiled Xperia Z Android smartphone, with two separate posts published on the company's blog answering consumer questions posted on Twitter.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Telefonica-Sigfox deal is a big win for diverse IoT networks
- This Asus ROG gaming laptop just dropped to $1,500 on Newegg
- 5G will help autonomous cars cruise streets safely
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Team LeadSA
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC