The hotly anticipated Android-powered Motorola Droid smartphone made a brief and surprising visit on the Web yesterday as Motorola "accidentally" launched the phone's site. Before Motorola caught onto the mistake, blogs like Boy Genius Report and Unw...
The Motorola Droid smartphone that will ship in November from Verizon Wireless could well be the game-changer supporting analyst forecasts that the Android operating system will dominate those from the iPhone and the BlackBerry by 2012.
It looks like Sony Ericsson is about to pick sides in the mobile operating systems war. The company is getting ready to announce a new strategy, new CEO Bert Nordberg said during a conference call.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
Researchers at the Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team (oCERT) disclosed two denial-of-service vulnerabilities in Google Inc.'s Android 1.5 mobile phone platform, both of which have already been patched by the vendor.
Verizon and Google have entered into an agreement to jointly develop wireless devices based on Google's open source Android mobile platform.
Verizon announced that it is joining the ranks of mobile service providers embracing devices built on the open source Google Android operating system. Landing the largest mobile service provider in the United States is a coup for Android, and proves ...
On the day that Microsoft is launching phones that will run on its latest version of Windows Mobile, Motorola is singing the praises of open-source software, specifically Google's Android.
T-Mobile has a new partner in its plan to take over the world with Android. T-Mobile has announced plans to introduce the Samsung Behold II mobile phone, Samsung's first venture based on the Google Android OS.
Motorola's entry into the Android game, the Motorola Cliq, is coming just in time for the holidays. The Cliq will be available to existing T-Mobile customers October 19 and everybody else on November 2. The $US200 pricetag is comparable to the iPhone...
The creator of a popular souped-up version of Android thinks he's found a way to avoid a further tussle with Google over distribution of the company's mobile applications.
After it has spent nearly a year on the market, analysts are reluctant to declare Android a success, but they say the platform could turn a corner in the next few months when many more phones are expected to go on sale.
After talking to wireless carriers, handset makers and analysts here, I believe we'll be seeing an Android smartphone (possibly made by Samsung) and sold by Sprint next year. Sprint openly confirms plans to sell a 4G smartphone next year, but is quie...
Builders of the JRuby version of the Ruby programming language are working to enable development of Ruby-based business applications for the Android handheld platform, a leader of the JRuby project said on Monday afternoon.
LG Electronics has joined the ranks of mobile phone makers putting Google's Android mobile operating system into smartphones, unveiling the LG-GW620 on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
- FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW