In an attempt to arrest its declining market share, Nokia will use September's Nokia World conference to unveil its first touchscreen Google Android mobile phone.
We know for some time now that Sony Ericsson (SE) is working on a Google Android based mobile phone, but the company has been keeping mum on details. However, pictures leaked by a Danish site appear to reveal Sony Ericsson's upcoming Android phone, a...
Google moved to boost its Android mobile device software platform this week by offering developers a kit that enables them to call native code from Android applications.
Smartphone developer High Tech Computer (HTC) introduced a completely revamped user interface (UI) on its latest smartphone running Google Android software, the HTC Hero, highlighting the importance companies see in making users love the software on ...
Motorola plans to release a new line of Android-based handsets in time for holiday sales, potentially rearranging the smartphone market in Google's favour. This is more bad news for Microsoft, which takes a further backseat to Google and could make P...
As if the summer smartphone blockbuster season wasn't competitive enough, T-Mobile has announced a new contender slated for August that will be its second smartphone to run on Google's open-source Android platform.
Samsung Electronics showed off its upcoming Galaxy smartphone, which runs Google's Android operating system, at the CommunicAsia exhibition in Singapore on Tuesday.
Google's Android mobile phone software worked well on mini-laptops at the Computex Taipei 2009 electronics show and, backed by the strong Google brand, may be headed for prime time, two Gartner analysts said Monday.
Web developers can tackle Apple iPhone and Google Android application-building on a development single platform with the pending release of the open source Appcelerator Titanium platform.
Garmin-Asus plans to launch its first smartphone based on Google's Android mobile operating system no later than the first quarter of next year, executives said Tuesday in Taipei.
While two laptops based on Google's Android operating system made an appearance ahead of the annual Computex exhibition in Taipei, a senior executive at the search engine company declined to discuss what steps the company is taking to adapt the smart...
Threats from the outbreak of swine flu and the weak global economy don't appear to be a problem for one of the world's largest computer and electronics exhibitions.
HTC today announced the launch of the second phone to feature the Google Android operating system in Australia: the HTC Magic.
Preaching the Web as the new programming model, Google officials lauded several technologies, including 3D browser capabilities and an ability to easily add Google applications to Web pages, at the Google I/O conference on Wednesday.
Rhomobile on Wednesday is announcing a public beta version of RhoHub, a Web-based service for developing and hosting smartphone applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC