Google has begun rolling out the latest version of its Android mobile operating system, version 4.2.2, to its range of Nexus smartphone and tablet devices.
Google has just updated its Google Search Android app, which now includes a home screen widget for the Google Now service.
The key to Research in Motion's success in the business markets lies not with IT groups or even business users, but with consumers, according to analysts looking ahead to Wednesday's announcement of RIM's new BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
ZTE and Huawei took home most of the device-related headlines from this year's International CES in Las Vegas, which didn't exactly provide an earthshaking amount of Android news for a show of its size. Nevertheless, the companies both demonstrated s...
Smartphone and tablet buyers snapped up Android products five times more often than they chose Apple iOS devices during the third quarter, according to a new study from Gartner Research.
Vodafone has become the first Australian telco to announce pricing, plans and availability details for Samsung's hotly-anticipated Galaxy Nexus Android phone.
HTC has announced the launch of the Sensation XL and Sensation XE Android smartphones in Australia, the first two smartphones in the country that include integrated Beats Audio.
Motorola has released a teaser video for a new smartphone it will announce on 18 October, seemingly hinting that it will be a new version of the iconic RAZR mobile phone.
Samsung Australia has confirmed it is expecting to launch its Galaxy Note Android smartphone in Australia in "early 2012".
Wacky French tech company Parrot -- the same folks who brought us the AR Drone quadricopter -- has today unveiled the world's first car stereo powered by Google's Android operating system, the Asteroid.
Less than a day after announcing that the HTC Desire smartphone would not be updated to the latest 2.3 "Gingerbread" firmware, HTC has done a full U-turn and revealed the phone will in fact be updated to the latest version of Android.
If you own an Android phone and you are a subscriber to Sony's cloud-based Qriocity music service on the PlayStation and PC, you're in luck: Sony has just announced the launch of a dedicated Qriocity app for Android smartphones.
Telstra has beaten rival Optus to the launch of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play Android phone, with the device available in selected Telstra 'flagship stores' from tomorrow, priced at $960 outright.
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA Play -- dubbed the 'PlayStation phone' -- will launch through Telstra and Optus next week, but Vodafone customers will have to wait a little longer.
Samsung officially unveiled its hotly-anticipated Galaxy S II Android phone at a media event in Sydney last night, but Optus is the only telco to confirm pricing and availability details.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
- Bounty for iOS jailbreak exploit jumps to US$1.5 million
- Researchers make progress toward computer video recognition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW