Google has begun rolling out the latest version of its Android mobile operating system, version 4.2.2, to its range of Nexus smartphone and tablet devices.
Google has just updated its Google Search Android app, which now includes a home screen widget for the Google Now service.
The key to Research in Motion's success in the business markets lies not with IT groups or even business users, but with consumers, according to analysts looking ahead to Wednesday's announcement of RIM's new BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
ZTE and Huawei took home most of the device-related headlines from this year's International CES in Las Vegas, which didn't exactly provide an earthshaking amount of Android news for a show of its size. Nevertheless, the companies both demonstrated s...
Smartphone and tablet buyers snapped up Android products five times more often than they chose Apple iOS devices during the third quarter, according to a new study from Gartner Research.
Vodafone has become the first Australian telco to announce pricing, plans and availability details for Samsung's hotly-anticipated Galaxy Nexus Android phone.
HTC has announced the launch of the Sensation XL and Sensation XE Android smartphones in Australia, the first two smartphones in the country that include integrated Beats Audio.
Motorola has released a teaser video for a new smartphone it will announce on 18 October, seemingly hinting that it will be a new version of the iconic RAZR mobile phone.
Samsung Australia has confirmed it is expecting to launch its Galaxy Note Android smartphone in Australia in "early 2012".
Wacky French tech company Parrot -- the same folks who brought us the AR Drone quadricopter -- has today unveiled the world's first car stereo powered by Google's Android operating system, the Asteroid.
Less than a day after announcing that the HTC Desire smartphone would not be updated to the latest 2.3 "Gingerbread" firmware, HTC has done a full U-turn and revealed the phone will in fact be updated to the latest version of Android.
If you own an Android phone and you are a subscriber to Sony's cloud-based Qriocity music service on the PlayStation and PC, you're in luck: Sony has just announced the launch of a dedicated Qriocity app for Android smartphones.
Telstra has beaten rival Optus to the launch of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play Android phone, with the device available in selected Telstra 'flagship stores' from tomorrow, priced at $960 outright.
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA Play -- dubbed the 'PlayStation phone' -- will launch through Telstra and Optus next week, but Vodafone customers will have to wait a little longer.
Samsung officially unveiled its hotly-anticipated Galaxy S II Android phone at a media event in Sydney last night, but Optus is the only telco to confirm pricing and availability details.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
- Attackers are now abusing exposed LDAP servers to amplify DDoS attacks
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm_27/10_Project CoordinatorACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC