HTC has revealed that its Magic handset, which runs on Google's Android platform, won't be available in the UK until May 5.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt on Thursday predicted good times ahead for Android, the company's mobile phone OS and software.
Version 1.5 of the Android platform will have new features sought by users and developers since the mobile operating system's first release, but none of the updated features appear to easily out-do top smartphones such as Apple Inc.'s iPhone.<br/>
A developer is reporting that Google has banned his tethering application from the Android Market, one of the first hints that the store may not be as open as Google has promised.
High Tech Computer (HTC) will ship "at least" three smartphones this year that use Google's Android software, HTC's CEO said Tuesday.
The average user of an Android-based G1 phone at T-Mobile USA has downloaded more than 40 applications from the Android Market, but the carrier's CTO thinks he can help them find more.
People who bought an unlocked version of the Android G1 phone are no longer allowed to download new paid applications from the Market, after a change Google made late last week.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
Developers of Android applications finally will be able to charge consumers for them, ending a few months of free Android downloads and potentially making Google's mobile platform more attractive to developers.
Melbourne-based company Kogan today announced that its Android-based smartphones, the Agora and the Agora Pro, have been "delayed indefinitely". The cancellation, announced on the company's blog, comes only two weeks before the phones were meant to b...
Just in time for the end-of-year shopping season, Google is offering an unlocked Android phone, targeted at developers but available to anyone. While the phone might be attractive to consumers and developers alike in the U.S., its price in other coun...
Chinese network company Huawei Technologies is planning to launch smartphones based on the Android and Symbian operating systems in the first half of 2009, according to James Chen, director of marketing for the company's terminals division. It will a...
Antivirus developer SMobile released software this week to protect users of the G1 Android phone, although one security analyst wondered if people really need it.
The average user of the Android-based G1 phone has downloaded 14 applications, out of 200 now available on the Android Marketplace, a Google executive said Wednesday.
With no popular phones released for this holiday season, and hardly any this year, Motorola is <a href=" http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122523624204277979.html">set to revamp</a> its entire mobile phone division with the help of Google's mobile oper...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTrigger TechniciansNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW