The European Commission is set to take on Google Books. The latest report on the Commission's Europeana project, released on Monday, urges European Union member states to digitize collections held in all their libraries, archives and museums.
Google and the Italian Culture Ministry have signed an agreement for the digitization of books held in Italy's two main national libraries, the first such pact between the U.S. company and a national government, the two sides announced Wednesday.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Google, the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) have been given one more month to rework their agreement to settle copyright infringement lawsuits that the author and publisher groups filed against the search company.
The Authors Guild, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and Google will get more time to modify their proposed agreement to settle lawsuits the two organizations filed against the search company over its book search service.
If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW