The European Commission is set to take on Google Books. The latest report on the Commission's Europeana project, released on Monday, urges European Union member states to digitize collections held in all their libraries, archives and museums.
Google and the Italian Culture Ministry have signed an agreement for the digitization of books held in Italy's two main national libraries, the first such pact between the U.S. company and a national government, the two sides announced Wednesday.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Google, the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) have been given one more month to rework their agreement to settle copyright infringement lawsuits that the author and publisher groups filed against the search company.
The Authors Guild, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and Google will get more time to modify their proposed agreement to settle lawsuits the two organizations filed against the search company over its book search service.
If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCPentaho BI DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW