The European Commission is set to take on Google Books. The latest report on the Commission's Europeana project, released on Monday, urges European Union member states to digitize collections held in all their libraries, archives and museums.
Google and the Italian Culture Ministry have signed an agreement for the digitization of books held in Italy's two main national libraries, the first such pact between the U.S. company and a national government, the two sides announced Wednesday.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Google, the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) have been given one more month to rework their agreement to settle copyright infringement lawsuits that the author and publisher groups filed against the search company.
The Authors Guild, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and Google will get more time to modify their proposed agreement to settle lawsuits the two organizations filed against the search company over its book search service.
If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Elite Slice mini-PC stacks up features with snap-on modules
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCSnr Business Analyst - MulticloudVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC