Google will end Gears, an open-source plug-in project it launched two years ago to allow Web applications to function even when a computer isn't connected to the Internet, according to a statement from the company.
Google has enhanced its Google Gears Geolocation API so that developers can build applications that can track the location of laptop users within 200 meters.
Google has upgraded with a geolocation API its Gears browser plug-in, which is designed to let users work with Web-based applications when they aren't online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC