Google will end Gears, an open-source plug-in project it launched two years ago to allow Web applications to function even when a computer isn't connected to the Internet, according to a statement from the company.
Google has enhanced its Google Gears Geolocation API so that developers can build applications that can track the location of laptop users within 200 meters.
Google has upgraded with a geolocation API its Gears browser plug-in, which is designed to let users work with Web-based applications when they aren't online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC