Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
This could be the breakthrough that pushes smart glasses into the mainstream.
When Google has said it would end its Explorer program for Glass and stop selling the current version to consumers, a few premature obituaries were written for the head-worn device.
Homer, family and friends take on everything from The Internet to Apple and Google Glass.
Google Glass has had a ripple effect throughout the enterprise world.
Can Google Glass help first responders work more effectively? Firefighters in Amsterdam want to find out, and plan to try out the wearable-of-the-moment in training scenarios and at accident scenes.
Google appears to be preparing many more features for Google Glass ahead of an eventual public launch.
Most people's knowledge of Google Glass has been informed by a comedy skit, and that's a dangerous situation. Sure, Fred Armisen's SNL portrayal of Glass is hilarious, but it's also full of gross inaccuracies that paint the headset as half-baked tech...
What’s Google Glass worth without apps that make use of its technology?
When the doors open for the Google I/O keynote on Wednesday, we're not expecting a team of Glass-wearing skydivers--that's so last year--but rather something equally stunning to remind us that Google is a hotbed of innovation. The stakes are high, an...
Google has released a getting started video for its Glass wearable computer, demonstrating some of its basic interface features.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
The technology has been around for quite some time, but like so many other fringe smartphone features, augmented reality has yet to present itself as a must-have for consumers.
It’s been quite the month for corporate social media activity. Both Burger King and Jeep have seen their Twitter accounts hijacked, with hilarious results. Meanwhile, Google’s attempt to stir up genuine conversation around its Google Glass project sa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia