Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
This could be the breakthrough that pushes smart glasses into the mainstream.
When Google has said it would end its Explorer program for Glass and stop selling the current version to consumers, a few premature obituaries were written for the head-worn device.
Homer, family and friends take on everything from The Internet to Apple and Google Glass.
Google Glass has had a ripple effect throughout the enterprise world.
Can Google Glass help first responders work more effectively? Firefighters in Amsterdam want to find out, and plan to try out the wearable-of-the-moment in training scenarios and at accident scenes.
Google appears to be preparing many more features for Google Glass ahead of an eventual public launch.
Most people's knowledge of Google Glass has been informed by a comedy skit, and that's a dangerous situation. Sure, Fred Armisen's SNL portrayal of Glass is hilarious, but it's also full of gross inaccuracies that paint the headset as half-baked tech...
What’s Google Glass worth without apps that make use of its technology?
When the doors open for the Google I/O keynote on Wednesday, we're not expecting a team of Glass-wearing skydivers--that's so last year--but rather something equally stunning to remind us that Google is a hotbed of innovation. The stakes are high, an...
Google has released a getting started video for its Glass wearable computer, demonstrating some of its basic interface features.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
The technology has been around for quite some time, but like so many other fringe smartphone features, augmented reality has yet to present itself as a must-have for consumers.
It’s been quite the month for corporate social media activity. Both Burger King and Jeep have seen their Twitter accounts hijacked, with hilarious results. Meanwhile, Google’s attempt to stir up genuine conversation around its Google Glass project sa...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA