A new version of Android, a TV suite and a whole lot more.
Google I/O in pictures
Get ready for 2014's Google I/O by looking back at some of the biggest moments and announcements from previous years
Wonder what it's like when Google hosts its annual developer's conference outside? Let us show you.
At its I/O keynote, Google did its best to get developers excited about building apps for Android with new tools and money-making schemes. But Google is also expanding support for developers who'd rather create iOS apps.
At the Google I/O conference this week, the company vigorously lobbied developers to adopt a new programming model, one that could, the company asserted, make it radically easier to build Web applications.
Google has built its business around an ability to generate and analyze search data. Now, as it sets its sights on becoming a dominant player in hardware of all types, it's giving special thought to design.
Google's Android Studio development environment is available in a beta version that makes it easier to create apps for smartwatches and TVs.
For all the cool things that Google introduced at this year's I/O keynote, several of the items that the tech press definitely, absolutely, positively thought would be included in the presentation were curiously absent.
Videos about Google I/O
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC