Wonder what it's like when Google hosts its annual developer's conference outside? Let us show you.
At its I/O keynote, Google did its best to get developers excited about building apps for Android with new tools and money-making schemes. But Google is also expanding support for developers who'd rather create iOS apps.
At the Google I/O conference this week, the company vigorously lobbied developers to adopt a new programming model, one that could, the company asserted, make it radically easier to build Web applications.
Google has built its business around an ability to generate and analyze search data. Now, as it sets its sights on becoming a dominant player in hardware of all types, it's giving special thought to design.
Google's Android Studio development environment is available in a beta version that makes it easier to create apps for smartwatches and TVs.
A new version of Android, a TV suite and a whole lot more.
Catching up with Apple, Google is setting the stage for device makers to release 64-bit smartphones and tablets with the Android L operating system.
Google has unveiled the first three smartwatches that will run Android Wear, a cut-down version of Android for wearable devices, and we got our hands on one of them: the Samsung Gear Live.
Get ready for 2014's Google I/O by looking back at some of the biggest moments and announcements from previous years
Google is set to release an SDK aimed at making fitness-based apps more effective by pulling in data from multiple devices.
Chromebooks will soon be able to receive notifications and run applications from Android smartphones and tablets.
Android TV is Google's latest effort to make inroads into the smart TV market, with a software system that can be embedded into televisions and other devices to stream content.
If the key to winning cloud business is to earn the approval of developers, as pundits say, then Google is busy wooing programmers with a new set of tools for its cloud platform.
Under pressure from Microsoft's Office 365, Google has launched a premium edition of Apps with unlimited cloud storage and extra IT controls, and has also improved the Docs office productivity suite.
Google is launching a new version of its Android operating system for use in cars, seeking to integrate itself into a place in which Americans spend hours every week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC