Apparently informing your friends that you're eating a turkey sandwich at the deli down the street is the most "interesting" fad of the moment, and Google wants the biggest slice of cake.
Google has added new features to its Latitude location mapping and tracking service, allowing users to see where they have been and automatically be alerted (warned?) when friends are nearby.
Yahoo released on Friday an application that lets Facebook members share their physical location with those on their list of friends.
A privacy group is calling Google's new mapping application an "unnecessary danger" to users' security and privacy.
Need to know in real time which service truck is closest to a customer's location? Want to know whether your daughter really is at the library or how your friend is progressing on a trip through the Barossa Valley?
<a href="http://www.pcworld.com/tags/Google+Latitude.html">Google Latitude</a> is a useful--if slightly <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/158985/privacy_lobby_slams_google_latitude.html">creepy</a>--way to track your location on ...
Google's much-anticipated location-tracking service, Google Latitude, uses the GPS hardware found in smartphones (such as Google Android phones and BlackBerry and Windows Mobile handsets) to pinpoint your position on a map and share that information ...
Google's location-tracking service, [[xref:http://www.google.com/latitude|Latitude|Google Latitude]], uses the GPS hardware found in smart phones (such as Google Android phones and BlackBerry and Windows Mobile handsets) to pinpoint your position on ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia