A quartet of new features will be rolled out this week for users of Google's social network, Google+.
Facebook's willingness to agree to a voluntary code of conduct in Germany to protect users' data shows it is mindful of how the culture there contrasts with that in the U.S.
Google+ is promoting a popularity contest of sorts that isn't sitting well with some users of the social networking service.
Google is trimming its offerings, following a season of big changes for the Internet search leader.
The Google +1 button just got a lot more useful -- and a lot more like Facebook's "Like" button -- by adding the ability to share +1 recommendations with other people on Google+.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TPTest LeadQLD
- CCSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD