We’ve reviewed many phones this year. Usually the later models are better than the older ones, but which ones had the most impact and which ones stood the test of time. Here are the contenders for our Phone of the Year 2016 award.
After almost four years, the Gmail app finally gets an update, plus Google Calendar adds Spotlight search support.
Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands ...
Google tried to simplify the process of moving to a Pixel from the iPhone. Here's how that shook out for one Apple die-hard.
With the Google Pixel smartphone, Google Home and Google Wifi, it looks as though someone's trying to build a well-rounded tech ecosystem. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw weigh the pros and cons.
Google's first stab at phone-based VR takes it to the front of the pack.
It looks like "Nexus" is out, and "Pixel" is in. This is what we hope to see as Google updates its flagship phones running pure, unadulterated Android.
Pixel phones, Google Home, a 4K Chromecast, and maybe even a new tablet may come to dine at the hardware feast.
Can't find that one photo you're looking for? Google’s smart photo app can make it easy.
Google is lagging behind in the public cloud market. Could leadership in machine learning tools help it catch up to Amazon and Microsoft?
Developers of emerging programming languages shed light on the urge to create new tools
Don't really know where to begin with Google's latest mobile operating system? We can help.
Google Chief Education Evangelist calls on higher ed to rethink how they help students learn in a fast-changing technological and economic world
Google regularly makes major updates to it algorithms, and its SEO ranking factors have changed dramatically during the past years. A group of SEO experts and search pros share insights on how SEO rank has evolved and offer advice on how to keep up.
'Bots' are hot today, and popular tech companies including Apple, Facebook and Google all take dramatically different approaches to bot technology. Here's what bots from these consumer giants could mean to enterprises.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC