Despite the hype surrounding the Internet of Things and smart home, one of the industry's largest players, Google's Nest, is struggling to innovate and scale. What’s the problem?
Google executives have to convince enterprise decision makers to trust in its public cloud offering, and a major keynote on Wednesday offers a major stage to do just that.
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
Google's new tablet isn't a Nexus, and it's ready for serious work. But will that keyboard suffice?
Internet users will get some respite from Flash-based attacks since Google and Amazon are stopping Flash ads from displaying
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Maturing technologies have made smartwatches a reality and the release of Apple’s Watch is expected to drive adoption in Australia. Testing many smartwatches has helped us grow to appreciate the features smartwatches have to offer.
Things are changing at Microsoft. The company is embarking on a strategy that has cloud and mobile computing at its core. Software previously monopolised on Windows is being made available to customers of rivalling platforms. Investments are being ma...
Born from Google and HTC is the Nexus 9, a tablet that borrows strengths from both sides of its family. A high resolution screen flanked by loud speakers is inherited from HTC’s genealogy, while its sweet operating system and its design come from Goo...
Lovers of multimedia have a Nexus they can finally call their own with the recent release of the Nexus 6. Google partnered with Motorola on the 6-inch phablet, and whereas the Nexus’ of yesteryear find a compromise between performance and affordabili...
Apple’s iPhone 6 is being challenged by underdog Sony, which released the Xperia Z3 Compact this week in Australia. Both smartphones are crammed with the best technologies Apple and Sony have to offer, but the feature-set couldn’t be more different. ...
“Signature or PIN?” is a question people will no longer be asked when making a credit card purchase following the method's retirement on 1 August. In its place are savvy smartphones capable of tap-and-go payments. Major Australian banks investing in ...
Google is readying “the biggest release of Android” in the company’s history. Elements of the new version were showcased overnight during Google’s I/O conference in San Francisco. Executives referred to the upcoming software as “the L series of Andro...
The Galaxy S5 is bogged down by drawbacks.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW